ilbeyene

Faithless would be nice yeah! I don't think we can count on Muse unfortunately, their last Europe date is the 18th of july and then they are in Japan (24-26 july). They are also rumored to appear at Outside Land Festival (San Francisco). Maybe they'll come back in Europe for a date after that? I doubt it but it would be immense!

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muse would be epic! seen them 4 times i think? even people who dont like them think they're amazing live.

I like Faithless but i'm unsure on them live?! just basing that on seeing them on TV though.

The live acts i want at Sziget wont happen, as they've either played last year or on tours or at other fests the same time as Sziget. Not too bothered though as like a lot of people, im going for the festival and not just live music.

i do like my House stuff like Maya Jane coles, Martinez brothers, Hannah Wants e.t.c....hoping for at least a bit of stuff like that. Not really into these "super DJs" like Garrix, and Guetta and so on.

You should never wish your life away but i wish it was Sziget time now!! :)

Edited by doobie ninja

Most likely headliners (or electronic closing acts) at the moment are Mumford and Sons (not very expensive, and they're headlining Reading festival in august), Faithless and Chemical Brothers (both doing SMSFestival august 7-8-9th). Faithless more likely because Chemical Bros are headlining Japanese festival Summer Sonic 15-16 august. Anyway, Chemical could play after Florence during day 0 before going to Japan for example. Both faithless and chemical sell a lot of tickets in Hungary, have been to sziget in the past and done well, important things.

Libertines have not been announced for Reading Festival yet, but efestivals.com says they're actually 100% sure; in fact on the list of rumors Libertines are "To Be Confirmed", and every time efestival.com puts the "TBC" thing near a band which is rumored they're right. So Mumford and Liberdines as two possible headliners in my opinion: Not too expensive (like most of the bands sziget had during last years) but well known anyway.

Kasabian also quite likely, because they're doing a festival in Spain at the end of july, have been to sziget 2-3 times and done very well, and are also rumored for Vfestival in august.. but not a strong rumor as the Libertines one.

Linkin Park could probably be the biggest rock band we can have, they're strongly rumored to do Rock'n'Heim and other european festivals in august; so much energy live, I saw them once, I would love them.

Also Lenny Kravitz, Bjork and Beck are touring in europe in august, the last two sell well in northen europe.. but don't know if sziget organizers are intrested in these two names.

Offspring, Dropkick murphys, flogging molly, marteria are doing Highfield festival which always shares artists with sziget... I like them but honestly i hope they're not headliners.

Other djs i think we'll have are Avicii and Steve Aoki, both having shows in europe in august, and have not been announced for Balaton Sound or VOLT, the other two festivals held by sziget staff.

These are some of the names I think will be on the main stage,

Surprises can be hudge and expensive names like Metallica or Coldplay. An hungarian paper during last week said that in 2015 sziget will have 3 milions of euros more than in 2014 edition. Sounds good for the names, and the attractions and all the services :)

Edited by horegonzo

Kasabian confirmed for V festival (august 22-23) by The Sun. In 2012 we shared Killers and Stone Roses with them

Just a rumour. The article starts with "I hear that Kasabian..". Lineup for V 2015 will be released the 2nd of March, let's wait for it! :)

Edited by ilbeyene

I have a question for anyone who has gone but stayed offsite in hostels/apartments.. last year I was just in a tent onsite so have no personal experience.

We were looking at getting a place within walking distance of the island so we could just stroll back afterwards but aren't having much luck...

... those who have stayed offsite, have you stayed far from the island? in the centre of town? How did you get back - buses/taxis? (the station closes at like 11.30 right? Or is it open later for Sziget?) How long did these take, where they expensive?

Basically any info you can give me about staying off site and the pros and cons would be helpful

Cheers!

I have a question for anyone who has gone but stayed offsite in hostels/apartments.. last year I was just in a tent onsite so have no personal experience.

We were looking at getting a place within walking distance of the island so we could just stroll back afterwards but aren't having much luck...

... those who have stayed offsite, have you stayed far from the island? in the centre of town? How did you get back - buses/taxis? (the station closes at like 11.30 right? Or is it open later for Sziget?) How long did these take, where they expensive?

Basically any info you can give me about staying off site and the pros and cons would be helpful

Cheers!

Stayed a couple of train stops away from the festival and as far as I can remember trains were running all night. Didn't have to wait any longer than 5/10 mins.

Because of this we're staying further away into the town this year. Plenty of apartments/hostels to choose from, all ridiculously cheap.

It really wasn't a hassle using the public transport - trains, metro, trams, buses were all easy to use.

On the other side of the island you can get the boat to/from the festival but I think this stopped at some point in the night - didn't use it so couldn't say when.

Cost-wise all public transport is free with the CityPass so you would want to get one of them for the week.

Surprises can be hudge and expensive names like Metallica or Coldplay. An hungarian paper during last week said that in 2015 sziget will have 3 milions of euros more than in 2014 edition. Sounds good for the names, and the attractions and all the services :)

Does anybody know more about that? I kind of lost my hope after last announcement but this 3 million extra sparkled some light in me.

Does anybody know more about that? I kind of lost my hope after last announcement but this 3 million extra sparkled some light in me.

Why did you lost your hope man? we only have headliner for day -1, only florence for day 0 (and surely an electronic act will play after her), and the dj that will mix the end show.. so there are 5 headliners to be announced, almost the entire festival! :) obviously they didn't announce the rock bands yet, because they want the price to increase.

Anyway, this is the article

http://www.bbj.hu/budapest/sziget-festival-budget-increses-to-huf-44-bln_92458

Why did you lost your hope man? we only have headliner for day -1, only florence for day 0 (and surely an electronic act will play after her), and the dj that will mix the end show.. so there are 5 headliners to be announced, almost the entire festival! :) obviously they didn't announce the rock bands yet, because they want the price to increase.

Anyway, this is the article

http://www.bbj.hu/budapest/sziget-festival-budget-increses-to-huf-44-bln_92458

It is fairly obvious that year by year Sziget is going more and more electronic. It's not really my cup of tea and last announcement just proved it for me. The festival is losing its amazing variety of different music genres. I'm not giving up on the festival just yet tho. As you said, there is still so much to announce.I just hope DJ-s don't take like 50% of the line-up.

The article also says that half of the increase in the budget would be spent on booking Robbie Williams. I'm really hoping that booking such an expensive act does not affect the choice of other headliners.

i agree with you to some extent, I'd like to see more live music instead of djs.. But you know, great part of the lineup that we have now is for Party Arena and Colosseum which are places made for djing and dancing all night.. and a lot of people wants to do this during the night. A38 stage at the moment have a lot of good live music in my opinion and it's only the beginning. And talkin about the djs on the main stage (like garrix) I don't see it as a prblem, because they're not headliners.. they're only ending the night making people dance.. and i think it's quite fun. If i'm going to the main stage to see kasabian headlining for example, i wouldn't mind listening 1 hour of armin van buuren after them. I would dance and drink some beer enjoing the lightshow. On the other hand, if I hate that dj I can leave the main stage happily because i've seen a proper concert of a band that i like. In conclusion, I think dance acts are something in addiction, and they did't replace any slot for rock or pop or alternative acts.

Talkin about robbie, i don't know if it's true that he costed 1.5 millions euros (really too much, unrealistic in my opinion)... but even if it's true they still have 1.5 millions euros more than last year

@doobie ninja: Monday the 10th is day -1; Tuesday the 11th is day 0.

The main stage is open air, obviously, but the 2nd and 3rd largest (A-38 and Party Arena) are tents (big tents). Last year there was some problems in the A-38 at night because of the crowd (especially during Stromae's concert). We won't have this problem this year because:

-comeback of the party arena (now telekom arena)

-they said that they would increase the capacity of the A-38.

Looking good :)

@horegonzo: they've taken Robbie for ~1.3millions, which they will gain only for the day tickets of that day. Add to that the 7days pass bought because of him, the food and drinks of that day, and the publicity for the festival around him (more sponsors).

Also: Blur are back but I don't see them being back that soon (but we never know with Sziget). It would be nice as I wasnt there in 2013.

Balaton Sound has an announcement tomorrow. Last time the Sziget announcement came exactly one week after it (3rd of february for Balaton and 10th for Sziget).

@horegonzo: they've taken Robbie for ~1.3millions, which they will gain only for the day tickets of that day. Add to that the 7days pass bought because of him, the food and drinks of that day, and the publicity for the festival around him (more sponsors).

ah ok, did you discover that from some other reliable sources? :) I refer of course to the price. I totally agree with the other things you said, obviously

ah ok, did you discover that from some other reliable sources? :) I refer of course to the price. I totally agree with the other things you said, obviously

The 1.3millions? I've seen it here and there and it seems logical: the increase was 2.5 millions, therefore 1/2=1.250.000+taxes... it's 1.3 on szigetnews.

The 1.3millions? I've seen it here and there and it seems logical: the increase was 2.5 millions, therefore 1/2=1.250.000+taxes... it's 1.3 on szigetnews.

I'm good at maths too :) I was wondering if you had other informations besides the article I linked :) we can't be sure that is 100% true

I think this year the second stage will be World Music Stage again (not anymore the small World Village Stage of last year). That area, with the old big stage, can host 25.000 people while A38 "only" 15.000. And with some artists like Goran Bregovic is always full! Only a big headliner or a very good band I've never seen can take me away from that stage during Goran Bregovic's concert :)

(the concert in the video was that crowded even if there were The Killers playing on the Main Stage at the same time)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSyV9f98qcU

Edited by ilbeyene

at this point I hope we'll get Chemical Brothers as great electronic act.

other info: Mumfords doing a festival in Canada august 7-8-9. I think that with Pukkelpop's announcement (beginning of March) we'll discover if they're going to come back in europe for pukkelpop and sziget or they'll be staying in america until Reading festival.

New Lowlands names:
Interpol
Tame Impala
Kodaline
SBTRKT
Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
Years & Years
twenty one pilots
Roots Manuva
Hudson Mohawke (live)
Todd Terje & Olson Band
Benjamin Clementine
courtney barnett
Max Cooper presents Emergence
Jack Garratt
Curtis Harding
Skinny Lister
Ought
Viet Cong (band)
POND
JP Cooper
The Bohicas
While She Sleeps
I'd take some of these but nothing new on headliners.
Interpol
Tame Impala
Kodaline
SBTRKT
Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
Years & Years
Viet Cong
Pond
While She Sleeps
would all be good addition for Sziget.