Carrots, Riddles, Tunnels & Nonsense

Guest ian the worm

Hope that Neil doesn't mind me starting a new thread about something I have a personal interest in..... But, following the huge success of the the Rabbit Hole at Glastonbury, its time for a night out in London..........

rh%20ldn%202.jpg

..........The Rabbit Hole Goes To Town!

Summer festival legends The Rabbit Hole are set to bring their unique trademark musical and theatrical excellence to a one-off event at The Mode Club in Notting Hill.
A night long celebration of all things Rabbit Hole, Carrots, Tarts and Wonderland, The Rabbit Hole team have assembled a fabulous selection of their favourite live acts and DJs to entertain guests into the early hours.
A plethora of live acts and Disc Jockeys including DJs Poshratz (Rabbit Hole), Grantly (Flying Rhino), and many more will be there to move the intrepid crowd of Rabbitholers on the dancefloor until 3am.
This one-off unique London night continues the silly season hosting an eclectic mix of secret gigs, celebrity appearances, psychedelic phenomena and pointy orange vegetables. All this with extra riddles, potions, tunnels and fantastic characters thrown in. It's a great, up-beat party atmosphere that guarantees a good time.
The Rabbit Hole Goes To Town
The Mode Club Saturday 20th Sept
6pm till 3am
£20 in advance from https://modecollective.com/event/rabbit-hole

£25 on the door

follow.jpg

Looks great, one of my favourite ever Glastonbury memories is Age of Glass absolutely storming it one Sunday lunchtime in the Rabbit Hole. Unfortunately I'm back in Moscow now, so can't make it to this, but really hope it goes well.

"Look!" Said Alice. "Hipsters - queuing!"

Well, I've earlier tipped off a load of Care in the Community amigoes. I'm not too sure that they understand the concept of queuing! They can't go back because they were different people then!

Talking of queing, I still don't know what my brother said to the bouncers at the front of a very long queue for an Abba tribute band in Coventry. Unfortunately he doesn't remember either. To cut a long story short the bouncers beckoned us to the front of the queue, lifted one of the red rope rails, and let us in without paying. It has plagued my mind ever since with the desire to know what he must have said to induce such an effect.

Well, I've earlier tipped off a load of Care in the Community amigoes. I'm not too sure that they understand the concept of queuing! They can't go back because they were different people then!

Thanks. No queues expected this weekend. On the Glastonbury Thursday at the Rabbit Hole, we were constantly full and had over 2500 in the queue outside the tunnels.

Its a first world problem!

Thanks. No queues expected this weekend. On the Glastonbury Thursday at the Rabbit Hole, we were constantly full and had over 2500 in the queue outside the tunnels.

:lol:

It did look busy but bloody hell! Sat around outside for a while while listening to whoever was on in the "front" bit of the rabbit hole hoping it would quieten down enough to go inside the "secret" bit, eventually gave up :P

Don't worry Ian - they're very friendly people, and always wash their hands after going to the toilet. It's just them getting to the toilet on time is the main fear I have really. I am, of course, only joking.

On the Glastonbury Thursday at the Rabbit Hole, we were constantly full and had over 2500 in the queue outside the tunnels.

Bonkers... very reminiscent of the LV madness. A venue shouldn't get bigger than itself. Expectations should be managed so people don't spend hours in queues, it's not conducive to a good festival experience

Bonkers... very reminiscent of the LV madness. A venue shouldn't get bigger than itself. Expectations should be managed so people don't spend hours in queues, it's not conducive to a good festival experience

Should the Rabbit Hole, which has a capacity of around 700, be expanded to a huge un-intimate super-tent that can take say 3000?

Should the Rabbit Hole, which has a capacity of around 700, be expanded to a huge un-intimate super-tent that can take say 3000?

Definitely not - you'd lose the special intimacy

It's a real humdinger. I think the publicity has worked against you a bit, a teaspoon turned into a teapot! I had an interesting thought but I'll PM it as it'd be a spoiler

Exactly.

then we'd get complaints like "i went in, it wasn't rammed, so i went off to find something else. but at least i didn't have to queue".

Odd people around indeed, I always prefer places both at Glastonbury and in normal life that are not completely rammed. I always prefer half to emptty to bursting at the seams!