Acoustic stage 2015 wish list

matt2007

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her last album was a masterpiece. Haven't listened to it in ages but have it on here after reading this.

No chance though is there? Is she still sick?

Couldn't take that album off my player for a good couple of weeks. I find very little info on her, what I do read seems to suggest she's permanently battling with problems. Had great expectations last year until she pulled the gig in Spain. Doub't we'll ever see her here, but maybe she'll get a hold one day and we'll get to see her not so skinny self.

Edited by whisty

JJ Rosa again definitely pls, but agree William's Green a better spot for her.

Caught her at the Spike thurs night, think it was. Really kicked my festival off in a great way. Does she tour, don't see much about her either, not that I'm stalking or anything!

Edit, maybe I should look at FB a bit more, or maybe not. Say's she's at Ronnie Scotts soon, that's quite a gig.

Edited by whisty

JJ Rosa again definitely pls, but agree William's Green a better spot for her.

My wish for the Acoustic Stage is to sort out the PA please! Really the worst sound of the festival for me this year, which I think could be due to the fact that it's a PA for acoustic acts (understandably!!) but most of the acts I saw there were small-ish electric bands.

As for acts to put on it, my vote goes for the Watford-tastic Staves. They were brilliant in Croissant Neuf a couple of years back.

I agree about the PA we saw Alison Moyet there as our final act - she was fantastic - but wish we had seen her with a more suitable PA for her Electro Set

Edited by carreg_cennen

Christy Moore again, he played a stormer a few years back. Himself and Delan had to come on for a second encore as the crowd just wasn't leaving

Yeah that was an immense gig, I was in my element in there. Be well chuffed to see him back.

Don't know if it was mentioned but I'd love to see Ryan Adams there. His new album is incredible, mostly ballsy-electric rock and roll but he's got enough more chilled out acoustic songs to get a decent slot there.

My wish is for some decent sound in there.

The Suzanne Vega set was totally ruined by poor sound this year.

That's reminded me, we had to move to the left and in a lot to hear her, we were sat outside. Then in order to beat the rush we left during the encore (Tom's Diner or Luka, I forget which?) and discovered we could hear it brilliantly right in front of the new Trash City installation, very bizarre - maybe it should be called the 'weird acoustic' field

Would love to see Teenage Fanclub there or on any stage - I don't remember them ever playing at Glastonbury. Not any year I've been to anyway.

They played in 1993, 2nd from top on the NME (as was) stage. Can't remember them playing since then anywhere and they would be very welcome back.

Acoustic is a good bet for where they'd play nowadays. That or headlining The Park, I suppose.

Ocean Colour Scene are doing an acoustic tour this year to celebrate 25 years as a band... Don't know if they even have a chance of playing at Glastonbury but I saw them this summer at Split festival and really enjoyed the set aand since there tour is acoustic im guessing they would fit pretty well on this stage

Has John Prine ever played? Perfect Acoustic gig.

Hello In There is incredible. Had never heard of him until I saw Michael Stipe, Natalie Merchant and Billy Brag covering it, I was mesmerised. Probably still prefer that version, but it’s such a great piece of songwriting that I should probably give him a listen.