Acoustic stage 2015 wish list

matt2007

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And show of hands

Couldn't agree with you more. I love Show of Hands and think the combination of Steve Knightley, Phil Beer and Miranda Sykes works a treat. I love the new album partly because is slightly more experimental and different than the more traditional tunes such as Cousin Jack and Country Life. Cousin Jack of which is an absolute master piece and provides an awesome sing-along. Having seen them about 5/6 times in various scenarios e.g Steve Solo, Steve and Phil and Steve Phil and Miranda and also with friends : I think that they are really an epitome of a Devonshire folk band and therefore warrants a slot at Glasto which somewhat cherishes music expressive of culture.

Lindisfarne (or what's left of them) have been playing some gigs again. Great sing along songs.

Horslips the original celtic rock band, played Cropredy last year (I think, might have been 2012?)

Joanne Shaw Taylor, never (as far as I know) played Glastonbury, but four albums into her career and getting a decent sized following. There's not enough blues at the festival IMO.

Caught JJ Rosa this year and I think she could go down well here or Williams Green?

The Gene Clark No Other Band

I know it's a wish list Scottie but I think EOTR was a one off unfortunately. They had enough trouble organising everyone for just 1 UK show, so I'm not sure they'll bother with it again. However it was so damn magical I wish they do come back :)

JJ Rosa again definitely pls, but agree William's Green a better spot for her.

My wish for the Acoustic Stage is to sort out the PA please! Really the worst sound of the festival for me this year, which I think could be due to the fact that it's a PA for acoustic acts (understandably!!) but most of the acts I saw there were small-ish electric bands.

As for acts to put on it, my vote goes for the Watford-tastic Staves. They were brilliant in Croissant Neuf a couple of years back.

The Gene Clark No Other Band

Hmmm... what I love most about that Gene Clark No Other Band performance at End of the Road is that it was a one-off, that's what made it so special, in that setting, that thing, probably never going to be repeated. That just added to the beauty of the moment

First Aid Kit

Linda Thompson

Steeleye Span

Graham Parker

Annie Lennox

Fatoumata Diawara

Roddy Frame

Unthanks

JD McPherson

Steve Howe

Prefab Sprout

Steve Earle

Calexico

Eilen Jewell

Duncan Chisholm

Bassekou Kouyate

JuJu

Feufollet

The Mavericks

Pine Leaf Boys

Cigdem Aslam

Natacha Atlas

...all topped off by Dexy's playing all their b-sides!!

I love John Murry, but I'd hate to see him at Glastonbury, for the same reasons I stayed away from Dexys last year. I just know I'df get annoyed by people not listening and watching intently enough.

Saw him in March in Belgium with at tops, 40 people in a living room sized space, was astonishing.