What Wellies do you wear?

R Welly

Its horses for courses on walking boots but you definitely get what you pay for,your looking at spending £100 + for a decent pair,ie Gortex,I would steer clear of Karimoor,they're utter.

I have my own personnel check list

Comfort,obviously

Waterproof,ie Gortex

Weight,some are really heavy and can be draining on the energy levels especially if they're caked in mud so ask them in the shop are check the speck online.

Just bought a pair of these and I am very happy with them and don't feel much heavier than a pair of shoes/trainers...http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/comet-3d-gtx-p177754

Another pair that seem to be highly recommended on this forum...http://www.brasher.co.uk/catalogue/products/supalite-active-gtx-b-10183a91

They are very light but not robust enough for my use but if they are just for festies they seem perfect. :)

Its horses for courses on walking boots but you definitely get what you pay for,your looking at spending £100 + for a decent pair,ie Gortex,I would steer clear of Karimoor,they're utter.

I have my own personnel check list

Comfort,obviously

Waterproof,ie Gortex

Weight,some are really heavy and can be draining on the energy levels especially if they're caked in mud so ask them in the shop are check the speck online.

Just bought a pair of these and I am very happy with them and don't feel much heavier than a pair of shoes/trainers...http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/comet-3d-gtx-p177754

Another pair that seem to be highly recommended on this forum...http://www.brasher.co.uk/catalogue/products/supalite-active-gtx-b-10183a91

They are very light but not robust enough for my use but if they are just for festies they seem perfect. :)

Thanks for this,it's a start, I have no experience of these things but want to get some sorted

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have always taken my 20yr old Dunlop welly boots to festivals. They are still going strong but one day they will crack and rot due to age. I definitely recommend the Dunlop make but not sure if the new ones are as good quality as they used to be. My feet got destroyed in Converse the last time so going for walking boots for next year and either gaiters or plain black Dunlop's with waterproof trousers. Not a fan of fashion wellies. Enjoyed your survey R Welly :) Like R Kelly but R Welly?

I'm off to Iceland for three days (the country, not the supermarket) so bought some new thermal underwear plus warm-lined waterproof boots and some snow trousers. Wore them last night to play boules. My legs were warm as toast thanks to the snow trousers and thermal long johns. But toes still a little chilly so need to look again at my thermal socks.

I love a welly boot, and wear them all day every. I will admit that I pay for comfort and functionality. So I will wellys at glastonbury, I'm not one wearing them as a fashion statement tho! I do have a pair of walking boots too and find my wellys more comfortable. The other half has both and prefers his walking boots unless it's really muddy!

After several years of cheap 'fashion' wellies that I had to throw away after every Glasto cos they split. So, for 2007 I bought a pair of Hunters (cheap in the sale from Welly Warehouse). They have air cushioned soles which make walking on rough ground comfortable, but they do get sweaty if the weather turns from rain to sun. I am STILL using them, which makes them excellent value for the £35 I spent.

I also have Brasher Hillwalker GTX walking boots, which I love - they've just done Everest Base Camp and didn't give me any blisters. But I don't wear them at Glastonbury - maybe because of the apocalypses in 2005 and 2007 :-/

Last year I invested in a pair of Feetz packable wellies, which I could put in my bag when the weather was nice as an 'emergency' in case of unexpected heavy rain. Best to be prepared in Somerset!

• 2 weeks later...