Noisey neighbours and drink driving

Guest Narnia

At my wits end here, party all night with the neighbours again. It's not even good music, but on top of the shite stuff, they are wailing very loudly (think they have a mic). Chucking empty bottles into the bottle pile in the garden making a noise. Chatting loudly on the doorstep while they smoke. Not usual situation, only when the parents go away (they don't even live at home) but pretty much had enough now as it's been a few times in past couple of weeks. Parties go on til early hours with sqealing and screeching from the girls, yobbish shouting from the guys :growl: Plus I think 1 of the many visiting (oh yes, all the chavs come round) has been drink driving. :mad: They are an embarrasment to themselves and others with their lack of consideration. Hate people/society/being British sometimes! :resent: Rant over. (hopefully get sleep soon, exhausted).

If its not the usual situation and only happens when the parents go away i'd say speak to parents next time they return and ask them if they know what goes on when they are away. If not, problem probably solved but if so there's probably not much you will be able to do about it other than report it to the police as it is happening and let them deal with it. What do other neighbours think? When i lived at home and had parties when my parents were away all our neighbours were fine with it except one miserable old man who used to make things up about what i had been up to. Confirmation from the other neighbours assured my mum it was him who was nuts and not her daughter being an ass.

Problem is they don't have a neighbour adjoining them the other side so won't be anywhere near as bad for other neighbours, except the chucking bottles in pile outside which people across the street will prob wake up confused thinking it's recycling day! I wonder if their parents telling them I complained will make it worse. They are not exactly young teenagers who can grow up, they are in their 20's ffs!!! (and the son of hers is not the nicest person ever judging by the way he speaks to his partner). Will see what happens/when parents actually return. I can take the music but when they are singing/wailing out of tune and shouting at 3.30am it's just not on!

I'm not sure a basis of singing out of tune to bad music is anything substantial to complain about. There's much worse things they could be doing! Live and let live I say - cant you find some DIY to start at 8am on a Saturday/Sunday morning to piss them off in return with?

The chav friends are back... oh joy another sleepness night I bet!

Yeah I wear earplugs which helps muffle music but they don't block the vocal 'noises'. A regular beat is better for drifting off to than screaming girls.

Edited by Narnia

I have had the same problem with a noisy neighbours children partying when they were away. To me phoning the police has the potential to inflame the situation and its something we decided against. We had a word with mum when she got back and I heard her give her son a bollocking through the walls the next day. Its happened again since and we have knocked on the door and asked them to turn the volume down and he has.

Police usually pretty powerless in these situations. Contact your council noise team, they will usually send out a frightener letter to the noisy neighbours warning them that complaints have been made, investigations have begun and a maximum fine of £10000 could be imposed. That could be enough to put the frighteners up em and help sort things out. If not then the council will explain how to take things forward. It's a long process though.

I've had noisy neighbours before. You have my sympathy.

I once went to a party in a high rise block of flats. Somehow I heard the door bell go over the music that was playing, so decided to open the door thinking it was another guest. I was met at the door by a massive black guy just dressed in a loin cloth holding a very tasty looking meat cleaver. He told me to get the music turned down. Guess what - the music was turned down.