Lock Up 2015

504329lt

Confirmed by Mike Davies on the last ever R1 Punk Show that this year was the last year of the 'Lock Up'. There will be no Lock Up in 2015. This is a real shame on both counts. Mike D gave a chance to lots of smaller bands who would never get a chance otherwise. For R1 controllers to get rid of one show in the middle of the night while giving airplay to dirge and moronic presenters is symptomatic of where popular culture is nowadays, Big Brother, X factor,.......... Anyway Mike has trained as a paramedic and I wish him well for the future. For R/L Festival, losing this stage is a great loss. Attracted decent friendly people that are into music. I suppose that the 'The Pit' will new become three days and may be curated by Daniel P Carter? If so, then all is not lost, but it will still not feel the same. I have also heard noises that the 'Lock Up' may return at another festival?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is bit of a shame really. Mike Davies was my favourite DJ :(

Anyway I'll see how The Pit goes before I start to make assumptions though. If it keeps booking acts like letlive, Every Time I Die and The Wonder Years I'll be happy if not I think that I would may consider going to a different festival.

Anyway, I'm not sure which festival will pick up the Lock Up (if the rumour is true) as Download and Soni could already book those acts on their regular stage. Something tells me Glasto but I don't think it will fit the festival

Hopefully it's just being rebranded due to the departure of Mike Davies from public view, and it'll still have the same bands. It was the same music when it was the Concrete Jungle, it only changed to the Lock-Up when Radio One started sponsoring the stage. Even though Radio One was dropped from the name a few years back there was still the connection with Mike Davies, now he's no longer on the radio it's a chance to change the name again.

Edited by mrtourette

Anyway, I'm not sure which festival will pick up the Lock Up (if the rumour is true) as Download and Soni could already book those acts on their regular stage. Something tells me Glasto but I don't think it will fit the festival

V Festival are going pick it up I reckon :P