Festival Greening

Guest StudentGlasto

Done, but found some of the questions odd

The question "If a festival ticket cost £250, how much extra would you be willing to pay to make it greener?", £250 is already more than any festival in this country so I'd imagine this will taint the responses somewhat

Done but not sure how you are going to reach meaningful conclusions. For example, if you go by car (seemingly not green) but travel taking four people in the car and clear up and take everything home with you ("leave no trace") surely that's greener than going by train and leaving everything behind at the end for landfill.

Done. To be fair - when I look back on my dissertation survey it read very similar to this.

Are you doing the research slightly ahead of your third year? If you've still got time, I'd tweak a couple of the questions to cover the points above, and consider the outcome to each question. For instance, "what percentage of the ticket's cost do you think should go to charity" is a lot easier to answer. Likewise, I wasn't quite sure what 'ideal festival' refers too.

If you amend and reposted it, I'd be happy to fill it out again.

Done but not sure how you are going to reach meaningful conclusions. For example, if you go by car (seemingly not green) but travel taking four people in the car and clear up and take everything home with you ("leave no trace") surely that's greener than going by train and leaving everything behind at the end for landfill.

Yup, this.

I arrived at Glasto this year (as in others) in a car four up. Aside from a few items of refuse (empty cans, etc. which were all bagged and taken to the refuse areas) we left nothing behind (well, OK we had flattened the grass in places). In terms of transportation cost to me (from the frozen wastelands of the North East) it was far cheaper than bus and/or train. We were next to a gaggle from Cambridge who had arrived by train, they left just about everything, tents, broken camping chairs even sleeping bags and made no effort to even slightly tidy the area before simply walking away.

I refuse to feel guilty for arriving by car.

Thanks guys,

I guess I didn't word them too well (sounded great in my head)...

Thank you for the feedback, trying to work out what direction to go in with this dissertation tbh. I know I want to follow the event greening route, so I guess I need to collect as many opinions as possible.

Ive just written another survey, hope it makes more sense,

Thanks again everyone!

Jamie