The Glastonbury Yearly Timeline.... (it seems to me)

FuzzyDunlop

Mid september: TDay is officially announced. People are moaning it's not free.

Beginning of october: TDay, people joyous, people are moaning that it's a scam and seetickets are w*nk.

November: The odd act that no one has heard of, but sound amazing are announced. People are moaning they have not heard of them and that the festival is "ages away".

December: The 6 month countdown. It's cold, and the furthest point between festivals. People are moaning about Christmas.

January: A brief spell of happiness as a new year takes hold, but the odd moan about the cold.

Feb: The usual moans - "why don't we know anything?!"

March: The odd act we have heard of has filtered through and at the end of the month an "announcement". People moan the announcement is crap.

April: Pay off balance! The real countdown is on. People are moaning at headliners.

May: The rest of the line up is released. Resale, People moaning they missed out. Seetickets are still w*nk.

June: Start: People are moaning about the weather. It's raining, it's too hot. End of June: HAPPPPINESSSS

July: Comedown central means people are moaning, "it's not what it used to be", "everyone there was a twat", "the food is too expensive",

August: It's ages til the festival - the moaners are not around?!

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

All so true....does anyone ever wish they'd never got on this roller-coaster...or how we'll ever get off?

Never wish I'd never got on! I love the rollercoaster!!

There's no getting off. If Glastonbury hasn't changed your life, you either haven't done it right or it really is not for you.

Right now.

Remember that T day is generally first Sunday in October.

Remember that I need six weeks notice to book a day off.

Realise I may have left it too late

Check diary to see if I'm working that morning.

I'm on at Eleven. So have to leave house at10:30 latest.

That's time enough, isn't it?

Right now.

Remember that T day is generally first Sunday in October.

Remember that I need six weeks notice to book a day off.

Realise I may have left it too late

Check diary to see if I'm working that morning.

I'm on at Eleven. So have to leave house at10:30 latest.

That's time enough, isn't it?

If you aint got them by 10:30 chances are you wont...... so having to leave by 10:30 youre safe to leave (though very pissed off no doubt.

:beach::beach::beach: :beach: :beach::beach:

If Seeticks get their act together, they'll be gone within an hour is my bet. It only used to take longer when bus ticket options were available on the same day. By 10:30 you'll be elated or heavy hearted.

April: Pay off balance! The real countdown is on. People are moaning at headliners.

This mystifies me. Go to another festival and make room for people who love Glasto full stop.

I had a look at Metallica this year and was unimpressed, so i wandered off and, by chance, got 15 minutes of Bryan Ferry. Then i dissolved into the hubbub and craziness of the festival...

Oh right, I was thinking 10 for some reason. 10:30 seems pretty safe then. Barring no technical clangers, they may well be sold out by 9:30.

Last year they were on sale at 9am but See messed it up and didn't start selling properly until 9:30am. They were gone by about 10:20am if I recall correctly. If See get their act together this year, it'll have sold out well before 10am. Makes me nervous just thinking about it.