First time at a festival and will be working there...

Guest ausgezeichnet

Hi,

I'm going to reading this year. It's my first ever proper camping-y festival (I've been to a few day long festivals) and I will be also be part of the staff as a wristbander.

I've heard staff get their own car park, camping and shower area...is this true?

Would it also be a good idea to lock some things in my car during the day (camping chairs, valuables, socks from what I've heard)?

Hi,

I'm going to reading this year. It's my first ever proper camping-y festival (I've been to a few day long festivals) and I will be also be part of the staff as a wristbander.

I've heard staff get their own car park, camping and shower area...is this true?

Would it also be a good idea to lock some things in my car during the day (camping chairs, valuables, socks from what I've heard)?

Staff have a separate car park, but it's just a zoned off section of the white car park. Bear in mind it's hard to get in and out of.

Each company has its own camping area, with a general staff car park, staff showers/toilets area and a staff canteen. Also, white camp is right beside and you can go into there (but staff ones are usually cleaner).

Locking things in your car is up to you, but generally I'd say it's more hassle than its worth. Everything of value you either shouldn't take or should have on you in a tight front pocket. Camping chairs and socks are very unlikely to get nicked, particularly within staff camping.