Secret 'Arena' Band

Spud001

Twitter is saying biffy, but I doubt that.

They are bigger than arena sized right? NME's quote makes it look like someone who was asked, said no and has now changed heir mind.

There are many factors as to why a band would say no and then change their mind. It's not really just not wanting to but then thinking they want to after all.

Also with NME's quote (sourced from what the guy actually said on radio) why would they ask Biffy back?

The way I've read it is that the secret act isn't necesarily one that they asked, but they have had acts who they asked to play now asking to do something, but other acts may have asked for a secret set without being asked for a normal set earlier in the year.

I'm not sure if I've worded that very well...

It's The Prodigy and Muse, Babyquack, and you're gonna accidentally miss it.

Jesus Christ, knowing my luck I probably would miss two of my favourite bands secret sets as well :P I found out Green Day's set in 2012 had already happened when I was at the NME tent at 1:00 and they weren't on :P

Two weeks of this shit...followed by two weeks of arguing whether the band it turned out to be are 'arena sized' or not.

Haven't you guys learned anything form the 'one of the best British bands of the last decade' crap?

Edited by mrtourette

The fact that they're hyping it up is probably evidence enough that it's not going to be great; if I remember right music news websites only really started reporting on Green Day once Billie Joe put up the Instagram photo practically confirming their appearance

I'm remembering it differently, the instagram photo was of tour shirt with Reading on it from a Japanese fan and then it was an interview which he just said it.

I'm remembering it differently, the instagram photo was of tour shirt with Reading on it from a Japanese fan and then it was an interview which he just said it.

Wasn't the tour t-shirt photo just taken by someone at like a Japanese gig and then it was posted on here, and we all argued whether it was real for ages?

Wasn't the tour t-shirt photo just taken by someone at like a Japanese gig and then it was posted on here, and we all argued whether it was real for ages?

I'm assuming it was a Japanese fan who went to the Japanese gig but yeah, the argument carried on for a couple of days before Green Day said they were doing it. I know Green Day did say they were doing before hand as I remember them saying they were gonna play Dookie in full and didn't.