bored already ! next year's headliners suggestions and hopes !

ramragon

Yeah yeah yeah I know this year's has just been and gone, so this thread was bound to appear sooner or later ! May as well be sooner I suppose....

Anyone got any sensible and realistic suggestions as to possible headliners for 2015 ? Will this be the year the Manics finally appear ? I still think the Courteeners would provide an excellent main act but agree that it would attract the wrong crowd to the family festival.

Who do you want

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having a disaster and ending up stuck at the back of the shire does anybody know if you can just buy an emperor's field upgrade without buying a ticket? The reason I ask is because our first choice next year is to return to rockness if it is back but god knows when they'll tell us so just to make sure our camping experience is better next year at kendal if we come we hoped we could just but the vip upgrade without have to shell out on a ticket?

Yeah you can just buy emperors if you want, I know a few people planning on doing it that way.

Buy emperors, see what line ups like later on an buy full ticket then. They may change it this year but you've certainly been able to do it the past few

I'm hoping for the Manics, but I'd be equally pleased by Nick Cave, Klaxons, Pulp and Fatboy Slim, although I think most of those are too big for Kendal.

Edit: who am I kidding, I'd be over the chuffing moon if the Manics and Pulp were there. Feather boa and ironic disenchanted middle distance gaze at the ready...

Edited by thegirlwhowantedtobegod

Would be good but I think he`s too big nowadays. I`m not saying he`s 100% out of reach but the guy is on the up and up.

Yeah I was thinking he may be too big. But played a similar slot at Glastonbury as example did in 2013. Think he'd be great for the Saturday.

Yeah I was thinking he may be too big. But played a similar slot at Glastonbury as example did in 2013. Think he'd be great for the Saturday.

Totally agree. If Wickerman and Kendal are on consecutive weekends again then he could headline both and make a few bucks across the 2 weekends. Talented guy in my opinion. He played in my home town a few years back and we didn`t go - schoolboy error.

Not saying it would be my ideal choice but I could also see a group like the kaiser chiefs fitting the bill one night, fairly established and not although not to everyone's tastes most people would accept them as at least a creditable headliner

Totally agree. If Wickerman and Kendal are on consecutive weekends again then he could headline both and make a few bucks across the 2 weekends. Talented guy in my opinion. He played in my home town a few years back and we didn`t go - schoolboy error.

I'm struggling to talk the missus into doing the double header next year if the dates are similar ! However when we left Sunday night she wasn't doing another one again....ever ! Managed to persuade her that we were unlucky with both the weather at kendal and the persistent drum and bass till 5am shaking the caravan at wickerman !

Not saying it would be my ideal choice but I could also see a group like the kaiser chiefs fitting the bill one night, fairly established and not although not to everyone's tastes most people would accept them as at least a creditable headliner

Not that often I don't agree with you ramgangnam but after watching the kaisers at Carlisle in July they just haven't got the hits ! I thought they did and suggested them for this year .................. As usual which is common with a lot of bands their new stuff didn't keep me interested . Good sub infact strong one if they played a 45 min hits slot .

I'd be pretty chuffed with Pulp.

Saw them a few years back at T and Jarvis proved, as ever, to be a excellently entertaining front man.

Also not a headliner but I'd like to see Aloe Blacc. Saw him fairly recently and he also has really good crowd engagement and does a mix of his own songs and soulful covers that everyone enjoyed.

Ive been praying to see the manics since i first saw them headline t in the park years ago 2001 i think.also Travis/deacon blue would be a good shout.For the love of god not simple minds.A couple of tribute bands (decent ones) wouldnt go a miss to fill some of the afternoon spots.Also sunday night to finish off the weekend Rizzle kicks.

Well even though I loved suede and thought Suede (Or Swarday) as I overheard some people call them were spot on, they didn't have the anthems/upbeat stuff to keep non fans entertained as a headline act. Our group while Suede were on couldn't understand why Space (who I mentioned earlier in the year on here had said in a tweet they would love to do it) hadn't, because they would have smashed it ... especially as this years theme was space. Loads of songs that people know for a headliner .

Y Not was same weekend, with alot of acts playing both. Why not merge them together and have double the budget?

The festivals can usually book bands cheaper when they're doing consecutive festival nights as it's easier for them and all the crew are on the bus an the prep work done, they reckon they saved a canny bit last year on primal scream as they played Stockton, wickerman and kendal calling on 3 consecutive nights.

Probably not going next year...but if I do-.

Manics

White Lies (they were immense at Truck but would probably sub at Kendal)

Teenage Fanclub

J5

Jimmy Cliff

Nick Cave

Twilight Sad

Frightened Rabbit

Wind-Up Birds

...would probably influence my decision...

And out of the bands this year, The Heavy, Nordic Giants, Reel Big Fish

Edited by Flaminglippy