Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

The screens is what baffled me too, since they had always been there up until 2013. Surely they could have predicted that thousands of people would still want to follow the concert, even if they couldn't get in? As for the openings, apparently the sides are closed because otherwise the cooling system doesn't work properly. Let's hope they get that system fixed then, because indeed they are just doubling problems now.

But I'm confident they will make some changes concerning those tents, whatever those may be. Criticism has been arising since day 1 of the festival and only became bigger after, both among the crowd and media. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even two weeks after Rock Werchter, I can't make something else to think to Damien Rice's fantastic show. I hope he will come back next year. He is incredible. No band this year had even a milligram of his talent. What a musician.

Even two weeks after Rock Werchter, I can't make something else to think to Damien Rice's fantastic show. I hope he will come back next year. He is incredible. No band this year had even a milligram of his talent. What a musician.

Damien can disappear for years now, or perform only in a low profile events just because thats the guy he is. Unpredictable . But for some reason he do seem to have a connection to Belgium, playing there every year since 2012, so maybe not RW, but if you dont mind the trip...

And I agree with you. I havent seen Patty Smith which I heard was HUGE, but from what I saw he was absolutely THE best of this edition by far. A bit like Pearl Jam last year but in a very different way.

Edited by e2p2

Damien can disappear for years now, or perform only in a low profile events just because thats the guy he is. Unpredictable . But for some reason he do seem to have a connection to Belgium, playing there every year since 2012, so maybe not RW, but if you dont mind the trip...

And I agree with you. I havent seen Patty Smith which I heard was HUGE, but from what I saw he was absolutely THE best of this edition by far. A bit like Pearl Jam last year but in a very different way.

Totally agreed, and your conclusion is exactly what I think too (Pearl Jam is my favourite band)

I think a problem in the tents are the people sitting down before the show starts. space gets lost, while in the back and on the sides people are pushing in. When i wanted to go into the Barn for Alt-J, the signs were green, but pushing in would have been really dangerous, way too many people in the middle of the tent and a temperature way too high to breathe with people trying to get out but couldn't move because of people pushing in...

Damien Rice, Kasabian, The War on Drugs & Caribou were my personal stand-out concerts of RW15.

Feel like I was a part of starting this, did the pit have a lad in a Juventus top? Hahahah I also remember I group of Irish lads in it with a flag and a massive guy with black hair who stacked hard

yeah man I remember the Juve guy, him and his mate were sound! and yeah I remmebr the irish guys during script, surprised I don't remember you then! then again I was smashed

Haha, was there too. Right under that camera? Though I assumed it were mostly British guys & hardcore Kasabian fans. 

yeah I just found that anyone who was in that area seemed up for it, but you're probably right , if you were a big fan you would go dead centre as close as possible but with enough room to lose it haha!

What's the best time to get a flight over to Belgium? Was thinking of flying over Tuesday evening and staying in a hotel in leuven, then heading over to the site weds lunchtime. Last time I went I got the megabus but I'm not doing that again. Which would be the best airport to fly to for the easiest connection by train to leuven? Cheers everyone

It's time to summarize this festival. Thank you RockWerchter. Organization is just grandiose. Every peace was made awesome. No troubles with logistics, sound during festival at all. Let's go to gigs :

Thursday

Jack Garrard - 5/10

Eagles of death metal 6/10 good rhythm, quite ok

Chet Faker - 7/10 Expected much more, not everyone can perform cool at the middle of the day (

Rise Against - 6/10 could be better, a lot of hits, but not got the crowd

Florence - 10/10 performance is just freaking amazing

SBTRKT - 8/10 really nice atmosphere

Chemical Brothers 10/10 tuning, lab, video, sound - crazy start. Expect really strong LP soon.

Friday

Archive - 6/10 decent but definitely weird to put them on open stage

Of Monsters and a man - 2/10 disappointment

Death Cab for Cutie - 8/10 that was really strong 20 minutes, it was at the middle of the day but performance was totally legit

Alt-J - 8/10 quite good live band

Mumford & Sons - 8/10 Belgium people love them crowdy and fun

Pharell Williams - 9/10 unexpectedly good and open minded performance especially last 3 songs...

Saturday

Fidlar - 8/10 was quit cool

Royal Blood - 7/10

Hozier - 6/10 expected bit more, but experience on stage really matter and not cross with greatness of debut LP

Noel Gallagher - 4/10 overrated guy. He did a lot in Oasis but live was quite boring.

Lenny Kravitz - 3/10 He tried but people were bit tired. I'm not a fun as well

!!! Prodigy - 9/10 this is why I came!!! Unlimited moshing and slam. Crowd and support were incredible!!!

Sunday

Circa Waves - 6/10

Alabama Shakes - 2/10 quite interesting women but to slow

Kasabian - 8/10 just real British without any compromises very stylish performance, crowd support and mosh pit were crazy.

Muse - 9/10 I guess it was ideal in terms of playing music I didn't notice any lags or anything, bravo.

Manchester to Brussels Charleroi £19.99 each way

That's great advice, flying to the other airport is around £100pp more expensive. Can only book until March at the moment so will have to wait till lat Sept early Oct before I book my flights. Already got my hotel in leuven booked for the Tuesday night :)

Also my summary of the festival!

Thursday!

Marmozets - 7/10 - Nice surprise!

Eagles of Death Metal - 8/10 - These guys really know how to rock!

Rise Against - 5/10 - I was expecting more, they didn't get the crowd on.

Florence + The Machine - 10/10 - Just amazing, I wasn't a big fan but it was simply incredible.

Oscar and The Wolf - 9/10 - I was there just for 15/20 minutes but the guy was pretty cool.

Faith No More - 3/10 - Maybe I am quite biased as I bought the tickets just thinking about FF =(

The Chemical Brothers - 7/10 - They were okay. Perhaps too repetitive at the end.

Friday!

Gavin James - 3/10 - We didn't know about the switch with Death Cab For Cutie. Not my style

Damien Marley - 6/10 - It's always good to have a small dose of reggae in the middle of the day.

Of Monsters And Men - 8/10 - I really enjoyed them, even though they still need to become more confident on the stage.

Balthazar - 4/10 - In my opinion no good enough for subheadlining. I would better have gone to Alt-j.

Mumford & Sons - 7/10 - Funny, but I was expecting more of them.

Pharrel Williams - 5/10 - The concert was okay, but I really hate this guy. Typical sexist american guy with hot girls around him. 

Saturday!

CC Smuglers - 5/10 - Just okay! Too much persistent with adding them on facebook man!

Dotan - 8/10 - Really nice concert. Pleasant surprise for me.

The war on drugs - 6/10 - They were quite amusing.
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - 1/10 - Probably the worst concert imo. The guy is so boring.
Lenny Kravitz - 9/10 - I wasn't a fan until the concert. I left the festival being his number 1 fan. He was amazing!
The Prodigy - 6/10 - Not my kind of music but good enough for partying at night.

Sunday!
Enter Shikari - 6/10 - They sounded quite good.
The Vaccines - 9/10 - One of my favourite non-super famous groups.
Counting Crows - 4/10 - They become awesome, but they were a bit boring and repetitive at the end. Why the fuck didn't they play "Accidentally in love"?
The Script - 8/10 - I am not a fan, but the concert was really impressive. Good for them!
Kasabian - 9/10 - Just so amazing...
Muse - 6/10 - They played half an hour less than expected and they didn't meet the expectations of being the main act of the festival after Foo's cancellation. Too much lights, balls, and fancy videos but the concert was just so so.
Edited by raulpf90

Guess ill also put down what i thought.

Thursday:

Royal blood 9/10 - Sounded amazing, i didn't expect so much but they really killed it.

Rise Against 6/10 - The was something missing from these, i like most of their songs but they just didn't sound on point

Florence and the machine 10/10 - Probably the most  "entertaining" in the whole of the festival and literally everyone loved her.

Friday:

Damien Marley 5/10 - reggae isn't normally my type but it was a nice change and i liked it quite abit.

Of Monsters and men 8/10 - Enjoyed quite alot of their songs and the crowed seemed to like it too, had fun listening and joining in with the crowed.

Mumford and sons 7/10 - Liked some of their songs

Saturday:

Royal Blood - Same as last rating although didn't see much this time around

Hozier 6/10 - I liked some of his songs but hes not so much the festival type what can get people going

Noel Gallagher 7/10 - Some songs were good some boring, i dont think he put on much of a show but "dont look back in anger" is what most was waiting for and was good to hear him play it.

Lenny Kravitz 6/10 - Rated 6 as i didn't get to hear all of his songs only a fair few.

Sunday:

Catfish and the bottlemen 9.5/10 - In my opinion they was amazing and everyone loved them, id rate them the best british band since oasis in my personal opinion they will be alot bigger soon.

The Script 9/10 - Put on a great show along with some pretty good songs they was very energetic to say the least.

Kasabian 7/10 - wasn't to keen on some songs but they did put on a nice show regardless

Muse 9/10 - Muse was worth the wait to be at the front of the festival but they didn't play the full show? was around 1 hour 30mins and they should of played 2 hours which is the only fault.