Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed Rock Werchter to ask a couple of things..

We are travelling from the UK and getting an overnight coach that gets into Brussels at 6am on the Wednesday (it was very cheap!!), when I booked it I didn't realise the Hive is opening at 4pm.. I am pretty sure it opened earlier last year? Can anyone else remember?

Anyway I asked if it was possible to get in earlier than 4pm and they said it is likely they will open earlier if people are queuing but didn't guarantee.

So I think we will probably have a look around Brussels as long as we can leave all our luggage somewhere.

Did anyone get in early last year?

Been looking at the clash finder and listening to some smaller acts and getting slightly happier with the line up. Unfortunately glasto does look to have an edge on RW this year.

We are travelling from the UK and getting an overnight coach that gets into Brussels at 6am on the Wednesday (it was very cheap!!), when I booked it I didn't realise the Hive is opening at 4pm.. I am pretty sure it opened earlier last year? Can anyone else remember?

Anyway I asked if it was possible to get in earlier than 4pm and they said it is likely they will open earlier if people are queuing but didn't guarantee.

So I think we will probably have a look around Brussels as long as we can leave all our luggage somewhere.

Did anyone get in early last year?

They occasionally open it up earlier from my past experience but nothing massive, maybe an hour tops. The only place to leave your bags would be in your tent once you're in to the camp site or in a car which you don't have.

They occasionally open it up earlier from my past experience but nothing massive, maybe an hour tops. The only place to leave your bags would be in your tent once you're in to the camp site or in a car which you don't have.

We are planning on leaving our bags somewhere in Brussels and having a look round to pass a few hours. Heard there are some cheap lockers in the central train station. RW have said if we arrive around 2 we will be likely to get in.

Hey everybody, I never was on camping at RockWerchter is it possible to get boiled water there to make coffee and some breakfast, or I should get my own gas burner, what camping area good for it(I read somewhere that at Hive were very limited facilities in this way last year, and people was forced to buy some things)? Also I'm interested where to get cheap and maybe healthy food there?

• For safety reasons, gas burners and installations are forbidden by order of the fire department. However, simple camping gas burners with small cartridges will be allowed on any camping other than The Hive.
  • Generators cause extra trouble for all those would like to catch some sleep and they constitute an additional safety hazard. Leave them at home for they will not be allowed on the camp site.
  • (Small) fires, torches, candles, cookers, charcoal BBQ, etc.: fire is dangerous, especially with so many tents together. So it is strictly forbidden to makes open fires! The same counts for the festival ground, by the way.

Edited by grub-

Hey everybody, I never was on camping at RockWerchter is it possible to get boiled water there to make coffee and some breakfast, or I should get my own gas burner, what camping area good for it(I read somewhere that at Hive were very limited facilities in this way last year, and people was forced to buy some things)? Also I'm interested where to get cheap and maybe healthy food there?

Would also like to add to that... if there is any place one can buy gas burners, also milk for cereal and such??

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

Do they usually have a closing party in the Hive on the final night? There's one this year anyway, which is hosted by Red Bull Elektropedia and starts at midnight. Faisel, Murdock (promoter of the massive Rampage DnB nights) and a couple of excellent DJs I met at Pukkelpop last year called Gewelt are all playing.

Hi!

I ended up on this forum while googling for tips about RW.

I was there in 2009 just for the day when Oasis was playing and had a total blast! This year I really wanted to go but I couldn't find anyone that wanted to join so in the end I bought my tickets and will be going there by myself.

I decided to go for the XL camping because you can access the campings on Wednesday and they will also give you the festival wristband then. I remember that I had to wait a very looooooooooooooong line in 2009 when I got there on Thursday. They gave us water while waiting but the heat was terrible.

Is there anyone also going there alone? Or someone that went alone in the past? Would be great if you could share some tips!

Hey there alsafer! I found myself in the same situation exactly: no friends willing to join me, so I'm going to RW alone. I've been dying to go back since my first time in 2010, the line-up was nuts. This year it looks awesome as well.

I'll also be camping at The Hive and I'd also love to have some friendly neighbours. I'm Spanish too, I'm from Barcelona :D

Hey, I'm looking for 2 combi tickets. My girlfriend is coming over from America (i'm in England). we missed out on getting rock werchter tickets initially (just didn't have the money at the time) then we went for our back up, the glastonbury resale and that failed (foolish I know). So just trying to sort out rock werchter again now. if anyone knows anyone selling that'd be great

Hey guys,

When buying tickets off someone what complications will there be? Is the name of the original buyer printed on? and would that require us to have a copy of their passport or something like that? Don't want to get fucked over

Cheers :)

Hey guys, coming to werchter for the first time this year and I have a few questions.

Firstly I have two travel options within my budget, either fly from Manchester to Brussels south airport or catch a coach from Leeds to Brussels that stops outside of the Brussels Nord station. The first option is cheaper and obviously a lot quicker, but will I have to catch a conjoining bus/train to a train station in Brussels to be able to reach Leuven then werchter or will I be able to get a train from anywhere close to the airport to Leuven? If not how much would the conjoining train be to one of the stations in Brussels seen as though I'm assuming the festival ticket wont cover the cost of two train journeys just one?

About the option of flying, will the station from Brussels Nord have trains going straight to Leuven or will I have to catch another? I've tried researching about this online and just want to make sure what I've found out is correct from someone who has possibly taken a similar route and get a definitive answer.

Next, I will be arriving on the Thursday probably between 9-11am and was just wondering if the Hive will be completely full by then? If so which are some of the best alternative campsites and will the other campsites have showers or can the Hive's showers be accessed even if you aren't staying there?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys,

When buying tickets off someone what complications will there be? Is the name of the original buyer printed on? and would that require us to have a copy of their passport or something like that? Don't want to get fucked over

Cheers :)

Pretty sure it'll be the same as other festivals where you have no problem using a ticket in another name as Werchter doesn't use a system where any ID is associated with the ticket I think so you should be good to go. Email them if you are still concerned though.