Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the post "pearl Jam are playing in your heart" (will learn how to repost posts)

Eddie Vedder was on at superbock last year, and I've never seen someone hold the crowd in the parlm of their hand like he did...

You are right the Elbe ! There is Pearl Jam, there is Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, and then the others.

Pearl Jam are ALWAYS playing...if not on stage then in your heart ;)

@Gossard, you went to some other PJ shows last year, before the festival, right? How does the RW14 show compare to those you've seen? I thought it was the best show I have ever seen (in terms of the band and the audience) but I dont have something to compare too..

Just found this site,duh. Great may I add.

Been doing festivals since 1993,yes I'm an old git... Anyhoos was meant to be doing glastonbury this year but no joy, this is when hindsight works in your favour as I came across this gig. I love European festivals, normally go to optimus, superbock, rock am and rock en seine, how I've missed this I don't know... But think I can save some cash by doing this one, then possibly rock en seine (as no one wants to do the carling festival).

But as I digress,,, from reading the posts a few new bands have came to my attention DCFAC one in particular, hope they are on, also love future islands a breath of fresh air as far as performance goes, and hope they are announced too.

Guys keep up the good work in educating this old fart...

And see yous there, Can't wait.

There is a huge gap between Rock in Seine and Rock Werchter ! I've done the two festivals and the atmosphere is highly more intense at Werchter !

@Gossard, you went to some other PJ shows last year, before the festival, right? How does the RW14 show compare to those you've seen? I thought it was the best show I have ever seen (in terms of the band and the audience) but I dont have something to compare too..

The Werchter show was great. I was in the front and had a blast. But in my opinion the one in Stockholm the weekend before RW was the best PJ show I've ever been to, got 5 stars in all of the papers the next day...

I'm curious what they'll do with that. M&S aren't big enough to headline two Belgian fests in one Summer, and both festivals seem to be in dire need for headliner options.

I guess one will pay for them more and the "loser" will take the Editors way..

Isn't it too early to worry about PKP? August festivals are just starting to warm and Im sure they'll have enough options.

Edited by e2p2

I really don't understand, that some of you think the saturday is weak: Lenny Kravitz is one of the biggest Rock-Acts of the last 20 years and until now very exclusive. And after him there's the prodigy who was headliner of festivals like Rock am Ring. So this 2 together don't need a big sub in my opinion.

Where I see one big name missing is on friday. But to be honest... it can always be the editors. If we're very lucky it's Ed Sheeran or M&S.

The thing with mark Knopfler is... I wouldn't expect him- but last year, also Robert Plant played the barn in early evening and he definetly rocked it like noone else. So maybe we have a very small chance for Knopfler or for Robert Plant again (who's playing some Festivals around)

I really don't understand, that some of you think the saturday is weak: Lenny Kravitz is one of the biggest Rock-Acts of the last 20 years and until now very exclusive. And after him there's the prodigy who was headliner of festivals like Rock am Ring. So this 2 together don't need a big sub in my opinion.

Where I see one big name missing is on friday. But to be honest... it can always be the editors. If we're very lucky it's Ed Sheeran or M&S.

The thing with mark Knopfler is... I wouldn't expect him- but last year, also Robert Plant played the barn in early evening and he definetly rocked it like noone else. So maybe we have a very small chance for Knopfler or for Robert Plant again (who's playing some Festivals around)

Im failing to see how Lenny Kravtiz is a headliner, he's iconic but I imagine most of the crowd will know 2-3 songs. He's had no hit singles or album for the best part of 15 years. I last seen him in the UK in 2008 fourth down, and I dont see how he has jumped to headliner in those 7 years.