Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Robbie Williams is the TW Classic headliner, on the 4th of July.

So no Rock Werchter news this week then? Usually news for two Werchter events in the same week is rare. And with Pinkpop announcing Williams a lot of people who were doubting between the two fests now made up their mind.

Edited by Dietediet

I was expecting U2 or AC/DC at TW Classic....any chance U2 being our Saturday headliner like the fake poster said Dietediet?

I think U2 is an option for 2016. Already in September there were rumours that they'd first do a scaled down arena tour in '15 and then be open for festivals in '16. Now that the first part of that rumour is correct...

AC/DC is still possible for Boutique. At TW Classic they have to use the Rock Werchter stage, at Boutique the headliner can bring their own stage, so that fits in with what the Hellfest guy said about too big show for festival stages.

I think U2 is an option for 2016. Already in September there were rumours that they'd first do a scaled down arena tour in '15 and then be open for festivals in '16. Now that the first part of that rumour is correct...

I was looking at their tour and they're in the US the RW weekend....But playing in Belgium at my birthday ;)

open air st.gallen in switzerland on the Werchter-Weekend:

The Chemical Brothers, The War On Drugs, Future Islands, Mighty Oaks, Kodaline, Rise Against, Fritz Kalkbrenner, Placebo, Frank Turner...

Only Rise Against from that announcement that I'd like to see at RW....

I really want Rise Against to play so hopefully they will be there and I wouldn't mind Frank Turner either. Apart from that there isn't many touring bands I'm bothered about yet. Hoping Jack White and Weezer start announcing appearances around Rock Werchter!

I really want Rise Against to play so hopefully they will be there and I wouldn't mind Frank Turner either. Apart from that there isn't many touring bands I'm bothered about yet. Hoping Jack White and Weezer start announcing appearances around Rock Werchter!

Jack White, Weezer and Eagles of Death Metal :)

Coldplay just said in a Q&A session that there aren't any concrete tour plans as of yet, since they don't have a release timeframe for the album. In addition IOW and Pinkpop now have their headliners announced, and no new options for RW. So were back at nothing in terms of headliner options...

I'm guessing they could bump up some strong subs to a coheadlining system on Friday and Saturday, each day 2 out of these:

Lenny Kravitz, Snow Patrol, Jack White, Mumford & Sons, The Strokes, possibly Placebo/Black Keys on repeat.

With Pharrell and The Prodigy as big dance closers to pull in some more tickets.

Either that or we're still up for surprises in the next weeks.

I'd take that if the ones that aren't at any summer festivals do turn out to be touring, its not too unrealistic either. I just hope Mumford and sons stay far far away!

Would love Marilyn Manson, is he not at Graspop?

The Strokes, Jack White and The Prodigy would be killer and Weezer would top that right off. Weezer are top of my wish list! Can't see it though. Would only say The Prodigy are really likely.

Roskilde has at least one more headliner to add. Opener will have first announcement tomorrow evening. And Foo Fighters & Muse will not be going there. I reckon there are some "big" acts that haven't been announced yet. Maybe RHCP or The Cure. Also, Incubus, Gaslight Anthem, Counting Crows, Limp Bizkit should add many more dates to their summer schedule

Mumford & Sons, Coldplay?! Do people just think of bands and say they're appearing? Mumford & Sons are on an extended hiatus, haven't heard anything about them for about a year and Coldplay said they're not touring their album!

Mumfords confirmed to have been in the studio last Summer, hoping to release a new album 'early 2015'. Coldplay said recently that they're working on a new album and will be touring when that's finished (although yesterday's comments make them more unlikely again).