Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

Had a great time at 2014, will probably being going again next year. Hoping for Foos, QOTSA, Muse, Radiohead.

Oh lawd, if that was the set of headliners, I'd go hands down.

Tbh, about next year - I said, while I enjoyed this year, I wouldn't go back next year but the more I think about it, I would return. I'd know how to be better prepared and more organised so I know I'd have a better time.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh lawd, if that was the set of headliners, I'd go hands down.

Tbh, about next year - I said, while I enjoyed this year, I wouldn't go back next year but the more I think about it, I would return. I'd know how to be better prepared and more organised so I know I'd have a better time.

as someone who is probably going to go next year for the first time, what do you mean about being better prepared and more organised to have a better time?

as someone who is probably going to go next year for the first time, what do you mean about being better prepared and more organised to have a better time?

Well we arrived on the wednesday night (around 9 I think). By the time we had gotten into the Hive and found where we were allowed to camp (they try and fill up the space before allowing people to camp in new areas), it was dark and I had little food with me. So the next day we soon realised that drinks were bloody expensive (2-50 for a 250ml bottle of coke) therefore made the long ass trek into Leuven (we unintentionally choose the longest route to the shuttle bus). Now imagine doing this at midday when the sun was at it's peak and it was 38 degrees. Well, by the time we got back and into the arena, I was already shattered and sweating so bad.

Once we had supplies it wasn't bad as we had drink and we had good, filling food (festival brioche all the way).

But then the rain came on saturday and sunday and I wasn't well prepared for it. I had the normal stuff - a coat and all but it was really heavy rain and as a result by Sunday evening, I was in the medics tent and actually in bed by 8pm as I was just not in the mood to go see King of Leon (not really a fan though, so no massive loss) but still missed Stromae which Com tells me was amazing.

It didn't ruin the festival for me but it was the only festival I did this year that by the end, I wanted to go home which is, imo, down to the bad start and the rain. If I had a better tent too, had the supplies to begin with and had brought more dry clothes, it'd been okay.

Don't let that put you off though, I did really enjoy myself - friday night watching Eels was just perfect but then seeing Biffy and Pearl Jam in the same day was just mesmerising - especially with, imo, Pearl Jam's best setlist of the euro tour. :)

Not being hospitalized...

Hey, I wasn't hospitalised... Will was when he went though :P

I think the reference was to me being hospitalised at the sabbath gig in Hyde park :P

But thanks for the info I'll keep that in mind :)

You were hospitalised at the Sabbath gig?! Why? :P

And no problem - if there's anything else you want to know about RW either ask here and I'll do my best to answer or drop me a PM. The more info you have going there, the better it'll be for sure :)

You were hospitalised at the Sabbath gig?! Why? :P

And no problem - if there's anything else you want to know about RW either ask here and I'll do my best to answer or drop me a PM. The more info you have going there, the better it'll be for sure :)

I centre barriered all day. From the crush I got swelling around a nerve in my back and my legs wouldn't work. Also got whiplash from crowd surfers kicking me in the face

Edited by Muppetmark

What's it with you young chaps? All this medical help needed, I put it down to all the bottled water.

I apparently got a condition that morbidly obese people get if they exercise for the first time in years.

Actually I originally thought I had an infection because I lived off non-drinking water all weekend because I couldn't afford the bottled water :( Although I did get given free bottled water while I watched Sigur Ros from sidestage, so that was nice :)

Have a look who played pukkelpop/late summer fests, a fair few bands will be at werchter/early Summer fests.

Yep, expect a bunch of those 'hot in 2014' acts RW missed out on this year: Jungle, The War On Drugs, FKA Twigs, Hozier, Ed Sheeran, Magnus, ... I'm also calling out Royal Blood as one of the repeat bookings, hitting it off quite well in Belgium since their album release.

but still missed Stromae which Com tells me was amazing.

Stromae was fantastic :lol:

If I went to RW again, I wouldn't buy the food tokens either, plenty of food outside the arena for the same price or cheaper so there's not much point to them.

Essentials: blister plasters, sun cream, a poncho you can keep in your pocket, and decent breakfast food

The only thing that really bothered my weekend was the fact I had horrendous blisters by Thursday night, luckily I'd taken some painkillers with me - also very useful :P

Drank the "non-drinking" water all weekend too and was perfectly fine. I took a capless 500 ml empty water bottle into the arena all weekend, didn't have it taken off of me, and just stuck the cap in my back pocket before I went in and filled it up at the tap near the entrance or near the toilets when I needed to

Me and some mates went to Benicassim in July and thought it was amazing but want to try something different next year. We are considering Werchter how much would it all roughly cost? Benicassim we got flights from London to Alicante for 80 quid then our beni ticket for 120 quid so was quite a cheap week! Also isit worth staying in a hotel or is there not many near by or they really pricey? Cheers for any replys :-)

I expect minor bands from roskilde announcement, unless all tied in with a foo fighters announcement.

There will be some minor names for sure (some have been hinted at on their Instagram page), but since ticket sales are also starting tomorrow I'm guessing they'll have at least one big shot to give sales a boost from the start.