Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/news/detail/rock-werchter-2015-from-june-25th-to-june-28th

Now the same weekend as Glastonbury. I must have been someone they really wanted for them to move the date of the festival around the artist involved. Definitely no RW for me this year then, Pinkpop is now looking most likely.

Edited by TheBoz

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is Glasto related, it's gotta be someone pretty big.

I'm still not sold, but AC/DC are surely one of these "bigger bands" that could have that power? Would the foos have that much power? Surely if they are doing rock am ring their schedule is a bit bigger.

Feels like this is an act which is only in Europe for a small part of time.

Can only really see it being AC/DC, possibly U2

They wouldn't need to move it for either of them, they would just play werchter classic(rolling stones) which is a week before rock werchter.

They are desperate for foo fighters, especially as they got announced for pukkelpop 2 years running(deaths due to storms) on the last tour.

Edited by thetime

Hm, I really like Foo Fighters but the administration in order to change the dates must be huge for Werchter. Just think of all the bands they have already booked that they now have to renegotiate with. I think its a band/artist that rarely tours these dates like David Bowie, Pink Floyd or Led Zep. Or maybe I'm just dreaming..

They wouldn't need to move it for either of them, they would just play werchter classic(rolling stones) which is a week before rock werchter.

Well if they can't do the original weekend it would hardly be surprising if they couldn't do the Boutique weekend as well.

In that case, if RW were desperate the only option would be to change the dates.

Highly doubt it was Foo's. RW says the negotiations with that specific artist are still ongoing, while it's been a month since Dave Grohl hinted at a Belgian festival performance and 2 weeks since Rock Am Ring confirmed they're doing a festival tour.

TW Classic and Werchter Boutique have no set dates, those dates always depend on the availability of a band. Perhaps there's such an overload of unique important acts (AC/DC, U2, Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney are all rumoured to do Summer festivals) that Boutique and Classic are already fully booked and RW remains?

Other theory going around: they're booking a unmissable major act for Boutique/Classic in the first weekend of July, and therefor RW15 has to move.

Although it sounds like a good reason for moving the festival, I think if that was the case they wouldnt tell us that the reason is to fit to one (regular) headliner schedule.