Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marilyn Manson, Faith no More and Slash & Myles Kennedy announced for Graspop....at least we can now rule them out for RW....

And now we also know not to trust Festileaks 'inside information'...

In other news: Counting Crows playing a Dutch festival the same weekend as RW, the same fest that also has Lenny Kravitz headlining. Looks really likely now that they'll drop by.

If RW booked the Libertines, where would they play? They are supposedly headlining the Pyramid or Other stage at Glastonbury.

They failed to sell out a Brussels 4500 people venue with tickets at 35 euros, so they can't really ask for interesting spots. Late afternoon Main Stage, evening Barn or topping KluB C, but I'd say headlining Dour or Les Ardentes sounds more right.

Edited by Dietediet

Put a little prediction together as the Christmas break is here so no new names until mid/late January I would've thought. So here goes nothing:(Not looking into Klub C names too much just think a lot of these will make an appearance).

Thurs

Main:The Chemical Brothers/Foo Fighters/Florence & The Machine/Royal Blood/Rise Against/Eagles of death metal/All Time Low

Klub C:Knife Party

Barn:dEUS/Ben Howard/Jessie Ware/The Maccabees

Fri

Main:Netsky/Pharrell Williams/Ed Sheeran/Kasabian/Counting Crows/The Vaccines/George Ezra

Klub C:Caribou

Barn:Alt-J/Incubus/Jamie.T

Sat

Main:The Prodigy/The Strokes/Lenny Kravitz/Kendrick Lamar/Sam Smith/Frank Turner/Balthazar

Klub C:The War On Drugs/Future Islands/Run The Jewels

Barn:Damien Rice/The Kooks/Band Of Skulls

Sun

Main:Muse/The Libertines/Bastille/The Gaslight Anthem/The Hives/Kaiser Chiefs/NOFX

Klub C:Clean Bandit

Barn:Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds/Selah Sue/Hozier

My guess is The Prodigy will play after PW and Coldplay will headline Saturday....hoping for System of a Down though...

The Prodigy and Pharrell look odd to me. Both more of a 'fun' act (although I dont find Pharrell as fun) than a headline act.

Coldplay is a matter of taste but at least its an obvious headliner.

Pharrell is a headliner, RW said so when they announced him. But he's a very weak headliner so a strong dance-act could be the answer....or a strong sub, QOTSA/Jack White?

But RW is known for their odd decisions, in 2011 Iron Maiden and Black Eyed Peas co-headlined :P

Nobody said 2011 was a good year..