Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

Florence confirmed for Glastonbury, Only a matter of time before werchter follow suit?

I really thought that the fact that Glastonbury slot and RW slot are back to back and the fact that they are 2 of the biggest EU festivals, they would pull something together. Very disappointed to hear this, probably RW will follow soon. Edited by e2p2

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting Florence as headliner is a very easy way out for Glasto. Very disappointing as her status is no where near that of Foos or other acts that could have been contacted.

Although I don't want them to, I think RW will follow suit. I can't see Elbow & Flo playing at the same time. Elbow will probably fill under Flo and something will happen to The Barn.

I'd absolutely love someone like The 1975 to fill in the Barn but they're recording their album and I don't think they are doing the festival circuit this year. No dates until UK tour in November.

Flo is at the moment no main stage head in Belgium. Elbow are... I hope Elbow to play the big Foos headline Slot (they've got plenty of material) und Flo to take Elbow's old position. Plus a new band in Flo's old spot, f.e. Future Islands or Kodaline...

Theres only one band the entire weekend capable of stepping up from lower on the bill to fill that spot, ask Kasabian to play Thur!

Except that the average Belgian is calling sub a high spot for Kasabian.

It'll be Florence, with Elbow moved to Main and dEUS or Triggerfinger topping the Barn. It's simply too late to find a headline worthy replacement.

Another thought... I think Twin Atlantic would be a great band to fill in if F&TM / Elbow are bumped up the line up to headline...... They are free on the 25th too..... were due to be playing a festival in Switzerland on the 26th but cancelled, and are playing Glastonbury on the 28th...

Another thought... I think Twin Atlantic would be a great band to fill in if F&TM / Elbow are bumped up the line up to headline...... They are free on the 25th too..... were due to be playing a festival in Switzerland on the 26th but cancelled, and are playing Glastonbury on the 28th...

I would love twin to play somewhere. Maybe on the Barn if elbow are moved to main stage?

It's obviously just going to be a case of bumping up Florence and what's even more galling is they're going to make us wait until Friday afternoon before announcing it.

Hopefully they'll at least try and sweeten the deal by throwing in a couple of bands like Foals and Wolf Alice but we'll see...

Bumping Kasabian up to headline would at least mean we at least had a big rock band opening up the festival. Wishful thinking but it really would be great to get another big rock band to play. A lot of people bought their tickets based on the Foos / Muse announcements.

Either way, Marmozets and EODM still make the day worth having! 

Question regards to those used to the mobile charging facilities.

Do they expect you to bring your mobile phone with an EU plug charger,  or USB charger? 

More importantyl, if im bringing a mobile power brick with a USB charger, will they let me charge it instead of a phone?

I'm as gutted as everyone else about the cancellation but it'd be an even bigger kick in the nuts for me if I had to sit through 2 & a half hours of Elbow as an alternative.

No possibility of AC/DC then...? Let me dream please...

Might be a tad difficult considering they're playing Berlin on the Thursday

I'd be very surprised if any big act is suddenly announced to headline. If Glastonbury can't get a big band to fill in at short notice, I'd guess there's bugger all chance RW can.

Money talks though it just depends on whether werchter will throw it at anyone. They should in respect of the people going who have bought tickets and day tickets for Foo Fighters but they won't as it's sold out so we'll just get whoever is cheap and easy.

Money talks though it just depends on whether werchter will throw it at anyone. They should in respect of the people going who have bought tickets and day tickets for Foo Fighters but they won't as it's sold out so we'll just get whoever is cheap and easy.

Friday's day tickets haven't sold out yet, right? Maybe they will try to swap some bands around so they could sell Friday.

Surely if they were just going to bump Florence and the Machine like Glastonbury did, they would have announced it by now.

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

I'd be very surprised if any big act is suddenly announced to headline. If Glastonbury can't get a big band to fill in at short notice, I'd guess there's bugger all chance RW can.

maybe is not that they can't, they probably just don't want to get someone else, because flo is big enough in UK to headline..plus, they do not sell day tickets..you have to consider that day tickets for Thursday at RW were sold out just for the foos..so hopefully (I am not much positive about that) they'll at least try to get someone