Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who have been to Werchter before....

What is the atmosphere in the campsites usually like? I am expecting something a bit quieter than Leeds last year (slept right next to the Red camp DJ tent which went on to around 7am on the last night playing an encore to what must have been about 2 people.) Hopefully it will be exciting though.

What are the stalls outside the festival arena usually like? Is there anywhere where you can get a decent value meal and beer or is it festival prices throughout.

Are drugs commonplace in Werchter? Last year at Leeds we had drug dealers doing their daily round across our camp and none of the marshalls seemed to bat an eyelid. I was wondering whether it was similar at Werchter

Does entertainment go on beyond the headline acts or does it tend to shut down after the live music finishes?

Cheers to anybody who bothers to address these questions in advance! :bye:

A lot of people smoke weed in the festival arena. I used to smoke all day, never had any problems. But don't smoke or deal outside the festival arena because the police will not tolerate this. Security at the gates will take it away when they find it and maybe hand you over to the police (not sure about that, never been caught). Once through the gates you should be fine. Although a lot of people smoke weed I don't see a lot of people dealing. Never really paid attention to it because I bring my own, but it shouldn't be too hard to find someone selling I guess.

Edited by Planet Telex

Would have been my first time seeing them and a massive start to the festival. I'm gutted and I bet the bookers at Werchter are too!

Just know not to expect anything big as a form of replacement too:( Most likely Florence bumped up to headline, Elbow moved to sub and some belgian/small bands slotted in to fill the gaps.

Edited by Followill

In the Belgian newspapers the rumors are: Fleetwood Mac, The Strokes, Blur, Kanye West, QOTSA, The Who, Triggerfinger.

But There's a chance Elbow will move to the main. Easy and cheap :)

as they moved the whole festival just to get the foos, they'll probably try to get the best they can get as a replacement..glasto is getting another headliner, maybe they can share..not that the foos cancelling is their fault but now the Thursday is of course very weak

In the Belgian newspapers the rumors are: Fleetwood Mac, The Strokes, Blur, Kanye West, QOTSA, The Who, Triggerfinger.

But There's a chance Elbow will move to the main. Easy and cheap :)

It won't be fleetwood Mac, or the who as its too close to other tour dates. And qotsa aren't touring atm.

The strokes blur Kanye r triggerfinger are all possible though. But most likely with it being so close to the festival it's probably just gonna be elbow or Florence bumped up

I believe Florence will be bumped up at Werchter (not sure about Glasto, but it's hard to find a bigger name than her at this point), she's a potential headliner in every festival this year as she headlines almost every festival she's in. Triggerfinger looks like the most easy way to fulfill the day.

I believe Florence will be bumped up at Werchter

This.

That said, I also agree that because RW moved just for Foos, they should go all out to get something amazing to replace them. Who that could be, I have no idea but they have one week to sort their logistics out. All hands to the pump!

I think the most likely scenario is this.....

RW will see this as an opportunity to save some money.  

Elbow will be moved to the Foo's 21:00 - 23:30 slot on the Main Stage,

Florence & The Machine will be moved to Elbow's 23:15 - 00:30 slot in The Barn,

RW will draft in a smaller band (along the lines of The 1975/Kodaline/Kaiser Chiefs) to fill in for Florence's 19:00 - 20:00 slot.

Will save the Festival organizers a great deal of money which they could just invest in next years festival!  I really hope this is not the case and they do go all out to get another huge name in to replace the Foo Fighters, but at this late stage just a week before the festival, i just can not see it happening!