Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a hostel called St.Jacob. It is very basic, only 6 rooms, no reception etc. so there are no shuttles. Its easy to get to the central station, the only problem we'll probably have is on the way back at night.

There are a few taxi places at the station. At random days you will find here a taxi but with RW it can be very bussy. Leuven is the nearest big city close to Werchter and there are not that many taxi companies.

It's not that far to St Jacob (20 minutes), Leuven City isn't that big. But indeed, after 2 days RW your legs can hurt. Best thing: check if there is a taxi, or how long you have to wait. If it's longer than 30 minutes you can go by feet.

I was going to take my phone with me. How does the recharging work at werchter? Can you get portable chargers or do you just have to leave your phone at a stall or whatever?

There are several Places to charge your phone. At the festival site - but also outside. You can buy dinner and charge your phone while eating... no problem.

There are a few taxi places at the station. At random days you will find here a taxi but with RW it can be very bussy. Leuven is the nearest big city close to Werchter and there are not that many taxi companies.

It's not that far to St Jacob (20 minutes), Leuven City isn't that big. But indeed, after 2 days RW your legs can hurt. Best thing: check if there is a taxi, or how long you have to wait. If it's longer than 30 minutes you can go by feet.

Thanx! After Thursdays night, a 20 minutes walk will take us 40. We're old

I was going to take my phone with me. How does the recharging work at werchter? Can you get portable chargers or do you just have to leave your phone at a stall or whatever?

There are a few options:

1. Several stands in the festival ground and near the campsite (at least where Ive been, campsite A2) that have multiple connectors, usually stop working after the first 2 days.

2. Special area in the campsite for that matter (Samsung area where I have been) where you can bring your own charger.

3. There were cellphone stands at the festival ground last year but I havent used it so I dont know if they were just for phone charges or for renting portable charges.

Hi first time poster and had a question, I am planning to arrive on thursday morning and wondering if their will be any space left in The Hive? Also if their is no room can I still attend the parties after the final acts finish ? Thanks C

According to Twitter, Ryan Adams has a broken rib. Im not optimistic he'll make it..

I read somewhere that he would still tour with it? (can't find it atm)

Does anyone think we'll get a Sam Smith replacement? Seems a big act to lose and not replace, but who would know with RW this year. It's all changed.

I'm not gutted about Smith to be honest, I probably wouldn't have gone and seen him anyway, but a good replacement could be lined up bonus!

I think he's indeed an act too big to replace. But the long wait could be positive: it might mean that they're actively looking for a similar sized replacement. Usually when they bring in a Belgian act, they confirm it quite soon after the cancellation.

Hi, we are going to Rock Werchter for the first time this year and have a question about camping. We will be taking kids, they've been going to festivals since they were 2 years old and are now teenagers so I'm sure they are ready to handle Werchter. However they are not up for partying all night so I'm wondering where is the best place for camping? We have got ordinary camping tickets for arriving on Thursday morning. Any other useful information is appreciated.

Edited by calise

I read somewhere that he would still tour with it? (can't find it atm)

I read it too but its tootooly to tell. If it is broken I cant believe he'll play. Too bad because he's a real gem in this years' lineup. Edited by e2p2

Hi, we are going to Rock Werchter for the first time this year and have a question about camping. We will be taking kids, they've been going to festivals since they were 2 years old and are now teenagers so I'm sure they are ready to handle Werchter. However they are not up for partying all night so I'm wondering where is the best place for camping? We have got ordinary camping tickets for arriving on Thursday morning. Any other useful information is appreciated.

I'd say just not The Hive really,maybe one of the campsites a it further away. And honestly despite what you read, they aren't that far away from the festival site.