Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

Getting close now!

Just wondering if you have any advice for a RW newbie. Me and my 5 mates are flying to Brussels Charleroi from Manchester, getting in at 10am ish on the Wednesday. We're putting all our clothes etc in hand luggage and are checking the tent into the hold. We're probably gonna by food etc when we get to Belgium so we don't have to try check it in.

Any advice about supermarkets to buy beer & food when we arrive? Are we best looking in Brussels or Leuven?

Cheers :D

I don't think you'll find a supermarket around Charleroi Airport, but you might find one in Leuven. I always drive to the festival (I live in the Netherlands) so I take everything I need with me.

As said before, you can walk to this supermarket from the A section camping area (including The Hive camping): mxtdbr8

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you'll find a supermarket around Charleroi Airport, but you might find one in Leuven. I always drive to the festival (I live in the Netherlands) so I take everything I need with me.

As said before, you can walk to this supermarket from the A section camping area (including The Hive camping): mxtdbr8

Ah cheers, will have to get there early before everything sells out :D In that case we'll probably go direct to the hive, pitch the tent and then go food hunting :)

5 weeks today until we'll be rocking up to The Hive! :D

I think we're still missing an out and out DJ(s) this year, where before we had Skrillex, Knife Party, Boys Noize etc... so I'm hoping for someone like that.

Modestep play Glasto on the Friday. Not sure if they could get across to us for Sat?

Knife Party are in Canada so that rules them out :(

That said - I'll be surprised if the replacement is worse than Sam Smith :P

Edited by Cammers

Pinkpop goers can consider themselves lucky. RW wont replace him with anything even close to Placebo, if any.

A couple of years ago Flaming Lips cancelled their Werchter -date and they replaced them with Milk Inc. I guess, if they choose to replace Sam Smith it will be a Belgian act.

A couple of years ago Flaming Lips cancelled their Werchter -date and they replaced them with Milk Inc. I guess, if they choose to replace Sam Smith it will be a Belgian act.

Its nice to hear that people still dancing to La Vache.. I dont have a problem with Belgian acts, in fact there are more than few Belgian act I would be very happy to hear. I meant that anyone who replace Sam Smith is better for me and Pinkpop goers are lucky to have a great band instead of him (although they have been very unlucky with its weak lineup)

Its nice to hear that people still dancing to La Vache.. I dont have a problem with Belgian acts, in fact there are more than few Belgian act I would be very happy to hear. I meant that anyone who replace Sam Smith is better for me and Pinkpop goers are lucky to have a great band instead of him (although they have been very unlucky with its weak lineup)

Me neither. For me, any band will be a bonus since I didn't care for Sam Smith in the first Place;)

There's a Belgian band called New Moon that were phenomenal when they supported Basement last October in Electric Ballroom, hopefully they fill in for Sam Smith. Or if Oscar and the Wolf wanted to play a second set I'd be very happy with that :P

Also, surely we'll be getting the stage split soon?

Edited by Last Nights Hero

5 weeks to the Festival and not having even the stage splits is very uncommon for Werchter. they used to be the first Festival with the schedules, but that has gone since last year....

The Sam Smith issues are holding everything back, supposedly they had originally planned to drop the schedule early May.

Has anyone bought a ticket off the user "Piotr"? (Email p.majyk@gmail.com) He posted here on the 8th may and last Saturday I bought his final combi ticket that was for sale, however, though the money has been picked up he has not sent me my ticket. Very concerned....

Milk Inc wasn't a replacement for Flaming Lips. They have Milk Inc announced along with 5 other acts. In the same press release they announced the news Flaming Lips had canceled but there was no connection between both messages.

We are sleeping at a place about 2km from the central bus/train station in Leuven. Because we're pretty old, there is a good chance we wont be able to walk after a whole day of Werchter action.. We're thinking about taxis.. What should we expect? In terms of prices and availability at night?

We are sleeping at a place about 2km from the central bus/train station in Leuven. Because we're pretty old, there is a good chance we wont be able to walk after a whole day of Werchter action.. We're thinking about taxis.. What should we expect? In terms of prices and availability at night?

Which hotel do you stay? Maybe they have a shuttle to/from the station at RW days.

Which hotel do you stay? Maybe they have a shuttle to/from the station at RW days.

Its a hostel called St.Jacob. It is very basic, only 6 rooms, no reception etc. so there are no shuttles. Its easy to get to the central station, the only problem we'll probably have is on the way back at night.

I still have had no contact from "Piotr" about the ticket I purchased from him. I fear it was a scam and he took money, very disappointed. If anyone has a GENUINE combi ticket to sell please let me know. Will be gutted to lose my money and not get to he festival. Thanks!