Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

Not sure mate. Don't think Glasto puts any obstacles in the way of bands playing wherever they want, unlike some other festivals.

Might be untrendy to admit to liking Foos and Muse, but I do, and got swept away with first couple of RW announcements. Been underwhelmed with subsequent announcements and downright pissed off with last few.

For me, the Friday is shocking and by far the worst overall day line up I've seen at any festival I've ever been at.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure mate. Don't think Glasto puts any obstacles in the way of bands playing wherever they want, unlike some other festivals.

Might be untrendy to admit to liking Foos and Muse, but I do, and got swept away with first couple of RW announcements. Been underwhelmed with subsequent announcements and downright pissed off with last few.

For me, the Friday is shocking and by far the worst overall day line up I've seen at any festival I've ever been at.

Sorry dude, I meant more than some festivals around the same weekend as well maybe that they'd chose and Glasto to play instead, normally they could play both separate weekends but with Glasto obviously it gives acts more options.

I like both Foo's and Muse but old Muse, to be honest, this festival forum seems to be full of people who mostly like 6music style acts. They both sell tickets to the point it's defo in the minority on here to not like them.

You're right, Friday is balls but overall bar a couple of top lines, it's very average.

Like most people i have been underwhelmed by the last few announcements after a good start. Two bands I would love to see added to the line up are Palma Violets and Catfish and the Bottlemen does anyone think these are likely additions? Also this is my first RW, when do the weekly announcements stop?

Can't comprehend people having The National as forums picture and hating acts like Ben Howard, Alt-J or Death Cab For Cutie cause it's the same style of music! Edited by Saeglopur

Can't comprehend people having The National as forums picture and hating acts like Ben Howard, Alt-J or Death Cab For Cutie cause it's the same style of music!

Ben Howard is good, but there is a huge gap between Alt-J (and DCFC) and the National. I mean the National are one of the best live bands, every shows are stunning; Alt-J and DCFC are not in the same category.

Ben Howard is good, but there is a huge gap between Alt-J (and DCFC) and the National. I mean the National are one of the best live bands, every shows are stunning; Alt-J and DCFC are not in the same category.

This is a joke right? I've seen National twice, awful both times. The second time in Milan people just started leaving after a few songs, it was embarrassing...! With out a doubt the WORST "big" band I've ever seen live...!

I know many may be disappointed with the the lineup but if you get a chance listen to FIDLAR you should because they're a brilliant and I'd say they're the best punk rock band out there at the moment. I couldn't dislike them, good act.

Edited by foolee

Whilst I'm not going crazy for this weeks or last weeks announcements I was sold on Wercther weeks ago, I don't know what people are expecting really? They've said the headliners have been announced. Pretty obvious by now the festival shouldn't really be called "Rock" Wercther 'cause it's much more mainstream + as far as I can tell there's still a good few acts to come yet?

Can't comprehend people having The National as forums picture and hating acts like Ben Howard, Alt-J or Death Cab For Cutie cause it's the same style of music!

You're joking. The national are in a different league. Death cab are okay but others don't come close to the quality of the national.

It's crazy to see how people have different criterias to judge a show.. I don't understand why people hate bands on Friday, or other days, even if some of them give a quality show, with a crowd singing, with a setlist well organised, with intensity and almost not a copy of what we can hear on CDs. Let's play a game to understand our thoughts.

What were the 3 gigs you prefered at Rock Werchter 2014 ? (you can include dance acts)

For me : 1- Pearl Jam

2- Robert Plant

3- Major Lazer

I know many may be disappointed with the the lineup but if you get a chance listen to FIDLAR you should because they're a brilliant and I'd say they're the best punk rock band out there at the moment. I couldn't dislike them, good act.

Everyone needs to check out FIDLAR live regardless of what they think to them on record anyway. They're absolutely mental, and really good fun.

Damm realy? i was hoping he would come.... now i just want catfish and the bottlemen,foals or jack white.

There are approximately 7 last names to come next Friday (including St.Paul) so 6 names. We can maybe expect 6 big names cause people want Incubus, Frank Turner, Catfish, Seasick Steve and Future Islands. Maybe we can get the five..+ one dance act (Knife Party?Deadmau5?Netsky?) I hope there won't be any disappointment.

You could argue Nickleback and Led Zeppelin are 'same style of music', doesn't mean they're the same quality, right?

The National are about a thousand times better than Alt-J and Death Cab, their songs are a lot better.

There are approximately 7 last names to come next Friday (including St.Paul) so 6 names. We can maybe expect 6 big names cause people want Incubus, Frank Turner, Catfish, Seasick Steve and Future Islands. Maybe we can get the five..+ one dance act (Knife Party?Deadmau5?Netsky?) I hope there won't be any disappointment.

There won't be so much bigger acts I think. But alle these names are realistic ones (without Incubus cause of their size).

It's okay if you don't see my "National/DCFC/Alt-J"-comparision, but please don't say Nickelback and Led Zep in one sentence :D

It's crazy to see how people have different criterias to judge a show.. I don't understand why people hate bands on Friday, or other days, even if some of them give a quality show, with a crowd singing, with a setlist well organised, with intensity and almost not a copy of what we can hear on CDs. Let's play a game to understand our thoughts.

What were the 3 gigs you prefered at Rock Werchter 2014 ? (you can include dance acts)

For me : 1- Pearl Jam

2- Robert Plant

3- Major Lazer

Easiest answer I could give you is that I don't have any desire to watch any of the Friday line up and think it's really poor. Others may like it, and that's fine. If any of the bands on the Friday were playing here I wouldn't buy tickets. If I go to RW, I'll do something else on the Friday, but I won't be watching any of the acts

Well, we know by now that what people want isn't always what they'll get... With St Paul we know there's some more filler stuff in there, and most likely some Belgian names too (they keep those for the last announcements).

Anyway: probably no names this week, since Wednesday it's the big Pukkelpop announcement.