Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

Decided to start an official rock werchter 2015 thread as can't stand writing about the next one in the 2014 thread.

2014 was my first year and I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be going back.

Top of the list is Foo Fighters and weezer.

Can see headliners being Editors, Muse, Foo Fighters and Coldplay.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think we'll get Editors again, they've gone to the point of overkill in the past years (their Pukkelpop day is failing to sell out despite some ace names).

Some more major acts (supposedly) releasing new stuff in the upcoming year: Lenny Kravitz, Florence + The Machine, Netsky, The Prodigy, Radiohead, QOTSA, RHCP.

• 3 weeks later...

The Hive was pleasant. I usually do not look into going to the same festival twice considering that travelling costs are high and would prefer visiting new place, but I can say that the festival was well-organised and clean. If the right artists are there, I might look into going there again... Coldplay and Red Hot Chili Peppers are a few who I still haven't ticked off the list... :)

Had a cracking time at 2014. Will be back in 2015 regardless of lineup as they always seem to get alot of great acts and a good mixture of genres which is nice. Liked the fact i could see Metallica, Pixies, Rodrigo Y Gabriela and Interpol at the same festival.

Although it might be a bit early to tell who will be around with new albums and touring schedules next year heres an early guess:

Thurs: Goose, Muse, Weezer, Alt-J, The Kooks

Fri: The Chemical Brothers, Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, Lily Allen, The Gaslight Anthem

Sat: Foo Fighters, dEUS, The Libertines, Kasabian, Rise Against

Sun: Netsky, Mumford & Sons, Florence & The Machine, Interpol, Royal Blood

Had a cracking time at 2014. Will be back in 2015 regardless of lineup as they always seem to get alot of great acts and a good mixture of genres which is nice. Liked the fact i could see Metallica, Pixies, Rodrigo Y Gabriela and Interpol at the same festival.

Although it might be a bit early to tell who will be around with new albums and touring schedules next year heres an early guess:

Fri: The Chemical Brothers, Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, Lily Allen, The Gaslight Anthem

Nice choices foolee, I dint think you will be far of with the headliners.

Undecided between a return to werchter or a return to sziget at the moment.

Edited by thetime

I really enjoyed this years fest even Dow I went by my self, it's was still fun I don't no Dow if I'll be game for next year Dow I need to see the headliners at least also I wouldn't do the planet festival package I'd get a plane coz 9 hours from manchester to dover the 1 and half ferry then 4/5 hours coach to the festival damn man that took it out of me on the Thursday but I still stayed for Metallica but I couldn't for skillex absolutely fooked

The Thursday and Saturday would be incredible, Sunday is meh but that Friday is dross except for Chems! IMO of course :P

If Radiohead can get there new album out in the next 6 months i'd say they are highly probable. Them over Mumford and your Sunday is sorted!

The Thursday and Saturday would be incredible, Sunday is meh but that Friday is dross except for Chems! IMO of course :P

If Radiohead can get there new album out in the next 6 months i'd say they are highly probable. Them over Mumford and your Sunday is sorted!

Why put Radiohead over Mumford? Lets put them AFTER!

For the dance acts, would think prodigy (new album, surely?), deadmau5 could be in with a shout having played before and a new album on the way. Definitely think RW will get foo fighters next year.

Stretchryan - massive Faith no more fan as well, but they would either play before the headliners or in the barn.

Well, that was my second Werchter visit and glad to say it's worth to every moment and penny. I had some of the best time in my life really. 2013 was very good but 2014... Can't describe it.

I can say that I'll be there for the third time. Only band I'm wishing for is, of course, Muse. Just write them in the line-up, that's all.

Coldplay and Radiohead. I don't know, I'm not dying for them and they're not the best live bands at all.

An Oasis reunion would be delightful. Kasabian and Foo Fighters also will be there I think this time. Can see Foals making Main Stage after incredible performance at the Barn. And Royal Blood again.

Expectations are very high after the glorious 2014. Hope they'll put the right names on the bill.

Foals just announced a touring hiatus until the release of their next album ;)

According to someone on a different forum, Foo Fighters are already booked.

They're also negotiating with U2 and AC/DC for Boutique/Classic/standalone concert, so we shouldn't be expecting them once they get added to the 2015 rumour mills.

A shot I'm calling certainty: Netsky. New album in a couple of months, huge crowd favourite, and cheap (budget-wise) main stage closer.

What's Rock Werchter like? Seems very music focused, is there anything else good going on? What about the bars and food, are they good?

Food outside the festival is really good.. Had found a spot where they served pots of impeccable mussels and very good steak (15-20EUR) but much needed after eating a lot of cheap burgers and baguettes :P Then there is a bit of everything really from 4-8eur region. from inside the food is more expensive and nothing special.

Totally different festivals, it's like comparing reading with Glastonbury.

Which is which? Or to be more specific bcoz Ive never been to any of them, music and atmosphere-wise which one is better? I know u have been in many RW (but skipped this year for Roskilde, right?) so Im sure u have insights. I also think Roskilde invested a lot of money for this year lineup compare to the last years, correct me if Im wrong.

I have only been to Roskilde and Rock Werchter once each, RS13 and RW14.

When comparing the music I think that RS is way more diverse and I am sure that whatever you prefer, you will find something at your taste. RW is more rock minded with some electronic and pop stuff too. I prefer RW in regards to the lineups, eventhough I am missing some more metal or hard rock.

Regarding the camp and atmosphere, I prefer the RS. RS camp is very funny and cozy and people knows how to party. Sometimes it can get too out of hand, but you will still feel safe due to the high level of security. I find RW too relaxed at this point. Maybe because a lot of people are getting high? :). But at RW I was not as worried as being stolen from in comparison to RS, which was a good thing :)

All in all, I am too going to choose which festival of those two I will go to. I guess that it will in the end be depending on the lineup :)