Pilton Party

Guest Glastonlocal

I know the Pilton Party is always the first Friday of September before the Pilton Show, but I am always monumentally bad at missing the ticket sales announcement, although I think it's up online these days rather than just in the paper. Drove through Pilton yesterday and didn't see any signs up for the Pilton Show yet - not sure when they usually appear - though I know it's on 6/7 September as normal.

Anyway, anyone planning to go or heard any gossip about whose playing or ticket news?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it shared the same rule as fight club?

Not really. Anyone is welcome to get a ticket. It's a local event though, being the same weekend as the Pilton Show, and you have to pick the tickets up from the festival office in Glastonbury. There was one manic year when Jo Whiley announced it on R1, which caused a bit of a stir.

Surprised they haven't announced already tho, as some tickets were still available on the gate last year.

Someone suggested Rudimental might play following their set being shortened by the storm. They're in the US up until 31 August, so is perhaps possible.

Not really. Anyone is welcome to get a ticket.

Michael is very keen that it's locals who get the tickets tho, as it's done as a thanks you 'reward' for the inconvenience they suffer from the festival.

eFestivals gets varying messages form the festival about it getting publicity - they've really only been keen that it does get some if the tickets haven't been snapped up by locals.

So please do be aware that I might be asked to remove this thread.

ahh right - I wrote to the festival a few years ago complaining that I couldn't get a ticket for love or money and I got a letter back saying that the proceeds of Pilton Party were the thank you, not the event itself, which was open to anyone.

But perhaps a lot of people like me wrote and they've changed their mind!

ahh right - I wrote to the festival a few years ago complaining that I couldn't get a ticket for love or money and I got a letter back saying that the proceeds of Pilton Party were the thank you, not the event itself, which was open to anyone.

But perhaps a lot of people like me wrote and they've changed their mind!

I think that answer you got might have been their way of avoiding getting into a row with you where they can't really come out as the winner - because if they say tickets are meant to be for locals your next question is to ask why they weren't (which is of course that managing a 'locals tickets only' scheme quickly becomes a headache).

Most years I've been told not to give it publicity, on the basis that it's given a lot of publicity in the local press and that's enough to sell the tickets so they don't want it to get national publicity so that locals can buy the tickets. On the few occasions when it's not sold out after a few weeks, they've asked me if I can give it some publicity.

Locals are definitely being thought of first, even tho there's no specific locals-only system.

I think that answer you got might have been their way of avoiding getting into a row with you where they can't really come out as the winner

yeah to be honest i got caught out as you used to just queue up on the day, but they changed the system and i missed the announcement. then i hoped if I wrote a polite letter pointing out that lots of villagers had missed out then I hoped they might find me a couple of returns. no luck. anyway, i'll keep an eye out on the local papers.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but usually it's a British based band / artist isn't it?

I'd say Ed Sheeran / The 1975 / Ellie Goulding / John Newman / Lily Allen could be contenders.

Haven't looked at any of their tour schedules mind to see if that would work.

Someone on twitter has suggested Foals.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but usually it's a British based band / artist isn't it?

I'd say Ed Sheeran / The 1975 / Ellie Goulding / John Newman / Lily Allen could be contenders.

Haven't looked at any of their tour schedules mind to see if that would work.

Someone on twitter has suggested Foals.

Yep agree with all those, tends to be someone who played the festival this year or who they are trying to tap up to play a decent slot the next year.

Either way its always a superb night in my opinion so i cant wait!

Any idea what constitutes as "local" for this one?

The village and surrounding area, but there's no criteria. I guess they just want to encourage that everyone who lives in the local area who wants to go can get a ticket before people further away are aware of it - without making any promises or guarantees to anyone.