guypjfreak

Just found out I've got a stag do to go to on the 4th. Man...ticket day with a hangover turmoil......

I'll probably be going by coach again though, so won't have to worry. I should at this conjecture point out to all those considering going for coach this year that it should be avoided. A horrible, unconfortable, smell, sickly, generaly unpleasant experience that will result in you having a thouroughly horrible time. As we all know, people with coach tickets get a black wristband which means they are only allowed to watch bands from the back of the Pyramid field for the whole weekend and are not allowed to visit any other stages. They are forced to wear purple, spotted capes with the legend "COACH KNOB" written on the back and can only eat bags of prawn cocktail crisps for the entirity of the festival. Alcohol is banned. Best avoided, don't try for them, really... don't.

He's right, you know. I went by coach last year and all this and more happened to me and my mates. Wouldn't recommend it AT ALL.

Of course, I'll be going by coach again because, well, someone's got to and I'm happy to take one for the team.

He's right, you know. I went by coach last year and all this and more happened to me and my mates. Wouldn't recommend it AT ALL.

Of course, I'll be going by coach again because, well, someone's got to and I'm happy to take one for the team.

Heroic effort' well done.

Looking at going to glasto for the first time next year to see what the hype is about :) say i registered 4 people and then ordered 4 tickets but 1 person couldn't go when i need to pay for the full tickets in spring time, could i cancel the one and still have the other 3?

Looking at going to glasto for the first time next year to see what the hype is about :) say i registered 4 people and then ordered 4 tickets but 1 person couldn't go when i need to pay for the full tickets in spring time, could i cancel the one and still have the other 3?

Yes - you would just pay off 3 in full and the remaining unpaid one goes back in the pot with a £15.00 admin charge

All joking aside it really is crap going by coach. I did it last year and they weren't even really coaches. Mine was an open trailer pulled by a tractor. It took 17 hours to get there from London. Then a four hour queue at the coach gate. Black wristband. Coach Knob cape. And I had to carry a big "I heart sausages flag" if I went near the pyramid.

I'll never try to buy a coach ticket on the Friday again.

• Upvote 2

I hope we get tickets that is all I want as it's our 10 year wedding anniversary next year. Glasto is our trip. Nervous now especially as I missed this year's.

It's our 10th wedding anniversary in June next year. Granted not over festival period but 10th June. We were looking at doing some kind of handfasting/vow renewal there

Now confirmed I'm not going on my Billy next year. This adds extra pressure as it means I'l be in main sale rather than coach.

Still, at least i won't have to wear a coach knob cape in 2015 (if I get a ticket).

I don't exactly know what a knob cape is, but I'm fairly sure I don't want to wear one.

I do, however, want to be a Glastonbury newbie next year, after years at Latitude/GM/EOTR.

And I'm going to go for a coach ticket on Coach-T-Day as I will be on my Billy.

QUESTION: What time did the coach ticket sale begin last year? It was on the Friday before T-Day Sunday, yes?

I'm working that weekend (Fri-Sun) and need to try to be at home for the sale as work internet is truly lamentable...

Thanks

Ben

It was the Thursday before the main day. I think it was a 6pm start? All I can remember is that I got one within about 60 seconds. 1st time I've got one before the re-sale.

Thanks, Gnomicide

Yeah, you're spot on. I did a bit more searching after asking my question, which confirmed 6pm on the Thursday.

Now, if they repeat that this year then happy days, as I can be back from work, sat in front of my computer in a nervous sweat in time for the off!

Ben

well enjoy the next few weeks cos Tday will come round real fast ........thats the thing with glasto its a never ending festi ..you wait for tix you get tix you pay off tix you go to festi you wait for tix you get tix you get the drift lol

I'm not going to Glastonbury next year. I'll get all the thrills and spills on T Day though as I'm trying for someone else off this site. I really hope I can help them with getting tickets. I was in the same boat last year and it was mattyc1965 who got me my tickets. It would be nice if I could also continue the efests camaraderie and help somebody off this site.

Getting tickets for somebody else is definitely just as exhilarating. After bagging mine in the main sale, I tried in both re-sales (coach and ticket) and succeeded in both, for two different people. It was almost as enjoyable telling them they were going to Glastonbury as getting tickets myself.

• Upvote 1

Getting tickets for somebody else is definitely just as exhilarating. After bagging mine in the main sale, I tried in both re-sales (coach and ticket) and succeeded in both, for two different people. It was almost as enjoyable telling them they were going to Glastonbury as getting tickets myself.

Nice call kalifire. I can imagine it's great telling someone you've got them prized Glastonbury tickets. Once mattyc1965 mentioned that he got me tickets, I told him that it was of special importance to us as it was right next to the site that me and my wife got married in May of this year. Glastonbury was to be the finale of our honeymoon. Anyway, once he heard that news I believe he got inebriated with the happiness of it all. I owe that man one.