guypjfreak

I know people that " so so want to go to Glastonbury "

Do they find out how to get tickets ?

Do they register ?

Do they get their shit together ?

No !

Then the week before when Radio 1 , BBC and the likes of Grazia start mentioning it

"They so want to go ! "

well said old son

on all accounts at last some one on the same bloody page as me lol

• Upvote 1

Do they register ?

No !

Then the week before when Radio 1 , BBC and the likes of Grazia start mentioning it

"They so want to go ! "

Nothing to add perfect response. If I have upvotes left I would give one.

• Upvote 1

ah man, what about a bit of disorganised spontaneity? I miss the days of deciding on the Wednesday that you'd go to Glastonbury that weekend. I'm not sure the festival is that improved by having people who's main attribute and reason for being there is that they were organised and planned things well in advance. Hardly the spirit of woody guthrie now is it? ;)

• Upvote 2

ah man, what about a bit of disorganised spontaneity? I miss the days of deciding on the Wednesday that you'd go to Glastonbury that weekend. I'm not sure the festival is that improved by having people who's main attribute and reason for being there is that they were organised and planned things well in advance. Hardly the spirit of woody guthrie now is it? ;)

I enjoyed this freedom/feeling for my first ever Glastonbury, was 2008 I heard friends of friends where going and there was still tickets left. I was "brave" enough to contact one of the people going and inquired if they would mind me joining them. More the merrier I was told. So I then traveled up to HMV Oxford Circus, purchased my ticket and set about sourcing a tent.

This was done the week before the festival. I'm lucky enough to have experienced this spontaneity which I feel I will never get to experience again.

that was Jay Z year festi didnt sell out and you obliviously didnt need to be registered to buy them

i still think its great to be impulsive old sons but most festivals are now ticket tiered so you get your ticket early or as with glasto [ only glasto ] you have to be registered unfortunately you cant go backwards its just the way it is nowadays .

.....and Mardy old son YOU would be registered anyway so you could decide to go up one week one month or one year before either way you would be registered .................i would have thought........ARE you registered Mardy ???

Do they register ?

No !

"They so want to go ! "

My feelings entirely. I speak to so many people who look in amazement when I say I've got a ticket, and say how they have always wanted to go....but they haven't actually done anything about it. I think they expect them to pop up in their weekly Ticketmaster email.

It was only the notion of Jay-Z playing that stopped the thing selling out earlier in 2008 (if indeed that was the reason at all). It's widely held that he went down a storm and certainly socked it to the kiljoys moaning because he didn't have a guitar!

He was mostly shit from watching the TV after the intro/99 problems as expected but even Russy agrees the intro was fantastic.

Maybe for a while, but he wasn't the first non "guitar" act to headline anyway. Wasn't it mostly the media making a big fuss about it rather than "killjoys"? The only bad thing about Jay Z headlining really is that it paved the way for Beyonce to headline :P

From what I can tell on here, 08 mostly didn't sell out until the day due to the bad weather in previous years more than anything Jay Z related.

Edited by LondonTom

You won't know that until next May.

That's true, but it's a far easier journey if you know you're in from October than if you have to wait until April/May to get lucky. Every time I think of T Day I get waves of nerves. It's an adrenaline buzz no doubt, but it could go either way.

• Upvote 1