guypjfreak

Got tickets but only through a friend, I did think the system coped better this year with far less crashing

Anyone who missed out don't give up hope, we got them in resales and secret resales last year, plenty can't afford to pay for their tickets come February or decide against it;

Yes bud. Was hectic but we got there.

The scary psycho girl got coach tickets Wednesday.

Not seen owt from the miserable bastard ape.

Or should that be the other miserable bastard ape?

You miss out again? We'll sort a la last year.

Glad to hear you got hold of yours, and ZMG too. Fingers crossed that the other miserable bastard ape is in.

I feel really stupid for not signing up for Oxfam before, a friend who did it last year enjoyed it more than going as a normal punter in 10 & 11.

For the 3rd year running I'm the hero of my group. Got through at 9:19, had a panic because I'd entered my reg number on my spreadsheet wrong and had to dig out an email. That all took ages but still managed to get 6. All gone so fast!

It's a bittersweet morning though as we have a group of 8 and 2 missed out for the 2nd year in a row and frankly, they make the festival for me. So it's resale too for us. Doing T-Day once a year is bad enough!

And so my annual 3-month absence from the board comes to an end. It must be autumn.

Edited by Mr November

She back!!!

Missed it too much last year?

Ha! How lovely to be noticed!

It wasn't heartbreaking to miss it last year - it just felt a bit wrong to be watching other people doing it and not be there. Stratngely - it felt like watching the highlights when you've actually been, but they're not showing anything you saw, & even if they do, its nothing like it felt when you were there!

We just watched it and said to each other - it's nothing like it used to be - but we can still have pretty much as great a time there as we know how to have anywhere! So here we go again!

Russy's silence is worrying me a bit.

Although he rarely posts on weekends but I would have thought today may be an exception.

I imagine he's busy packing already. The Eavii probably sorted him out with a lifetime pass a few years ago, for outstanding services to efests.

Not a single person on my Facebook feed has them, leading to some laughable statuses with tinfoil hat theories about how the servers favour the south. It's all perception, I reckon in real terms the demand isn't significantly different from last year.

Maybe a change in the biasing? Almost everyone at the festival this year was from Merseyside :lol:

Edited by UEF
  • Upvote 1

Not a single person on my Facebook feed has them, leading to some laughable statuses with tinfoil hat theories about how the servers favour the south. It's all perception, I reckon in real terms the demand isn't significantly different from last year.

We are all from Lancashire, so that theory doesn't stack up!

Its odd as everyone I see on facebook were successful

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Huge sweeping generalisation ahoy:

I'm holding on to the hope that the box ticking, Pyramid dwelling types who didn't get through on this sale won't be bothered by the time of the resale.

last year was first time I'd had to rely on the resale and got tickets almost instantly. I may just have been lucky, but there is still hope if you didn't get tickets today

Its odd as everyone I see on facebook were successful

Aside from the friends I was trying for, that seems to be the case with my facebook feed n'all. Where's that thread from earlier this week asking why it sells out so quickly now? Well mass appeal the festival certainly does have - there's people I know who've got tickets who I wasn't aware were even that into music. A few people who went for the first time last year going again too - they obviously loved it.

Delighted for those lucky ones and gutted for the others (FloorFiller and Lawn particularly, although the latter has an awesome attitude NFiR NFC). I know the resale will serve you all well anyway!

Seems about the same to me as last year in terms of forum success, to be honest. Although I'm never not getting a coach now; forgot how hard the main sale is! I just never get a sniff these days.

I'll be amazed if Russy's not successful too.

Success here, though only saw a booking page in the last moments after mine had already been got but still trying to other friends

But two other friends and their group failed, and the silly flatmate assumed i was getting him one but hadn't really told his sister or me that this was happening so them too... roll on that resale