Reading Checklist

Guest ClemFandango97

Not only is it my first Reading fest but it's my first festival period so naturally I'm trying to be as organised as possible to prevent, probably inevitable, problems from occurring. In terms of what you need to take I put this checklist together; if any of you more experienced festival goers would suggest any extra items or even items on the list I won't need that would be splendid. :)

Tent

Sleeping Bag

Pillow

Rucksack

Blow Up Bed/Roll Mat

Wellies

Coat

Hat

Sunglasses

Sun Cream

Wet Wipes

Loo Roll

Deodorant

Toothpaste and Toothbrush

Flannel

Towel

Sleeping Clothes (2 Shirts, 2 Shorts)

Underwear and Socks (8 pairs of each)

Clothing (A Shirt for Each Day, Pair of Shorts for Each Day, Pair of Trackies)

Money (At least £100)

Phone

Hoodie

Crappy Pair of Trainers

Shampoo and Hair Wash

Food

Day Bag

Large Bottle

Ticket

Batteries

Portable Phone Chargers

Bin Bags

Painkillers

Torch

Insect Repellant

For food, I'd recommend bringing some snacks. Nothing heavy or large, but a couple of packs of biscuits make a huge difference. Going overkill is a bad idea (unless you're going by car, in which case going overkill is a moderately bad idea). It may not be cheap, but you will really appreciate one hot meal a day that you buy rather than heat up.

edit: Also, I recommend squirty anti-bac.

Edited by kaosmark2

If it's wet and muddy though surely you're better off with wellies. Best case scenario it's nice and dry and I can just wear some old trainers all weekend but British weather ey

If its just a bit of rain/mud then no, walking boots will be fine. They're designed to deal with that anyway and are far less painful than wellies. If it's torrential downpours all weekend then yeah you'll need wellies but that probably wont be the case. We'll find out nearer the time :P