FR - Are not providing toilet rolls in the campsites anymore !

Guest glasto-worker

I wonder if that is the real reason or perhaps someone is trying to save money.
' This year, in an effort to be more sustainable, we’re not providing toilet rolls in the campsites anymore. Why, I hear you cry? Well, we are always improving on our sustainability policies, this year we’re going to crack down on the sheer amount of paper/tissue we have to purchase for this, considering the amount that gets wasted rather than used for its intended purpose.
Traders on site will be selling some, plus we are located near a large Tesco – so don’t panic too much if you forget! '
Lucky enough it will not affect me but I would be well pissed off if I needed to use a public toilet.

• 2 weeks later...
Reading Festival in campsite toilet roll U-turn
A statement said: "In an effort to improve our sustainability policies, we did consider reducing the amount of toilet roll supplied in the campsites.
"Following feedback from festival fans, the decision has been taken to maintain the supply of toilet roll distributed within the campsites."
' people power at work '

Update - from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-28712252

Reading Festival in campsite toilet roll U-turn

A statement said: "In an effort to improve our sustainability policies, we did consider reducing the amount of toilet roll supplied in the campsites.

"Following feedback from festival fans, the decision has been taken to maintain the supply of toilet roll distributed within the campsites."

' people power at work '

It was brought up elsewhere. Someone pointed out it was within their licensing that toilet roll is provided.