AC/DC Says Lars

Justiceforcedave

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a massive fan of DC for over 30 years now , I do know my stuff about the band.

Is it possible that they would play Glasto ?

Probably not - but the one thing that may have changed that is Malcolms illness. No one is really privvy to his health a the moment , but the DC machine is rolling on and it may be the case that his influence has diminshed a bit and its no longer his soles decision. I have read loads of books and magazines about DC and Malcolm does rule that band with an iron first and I am not sure Glastonbury would be his thing and I am certain he has not commented on it favourably in the past , but then again he may have mellowed a bit.

Would I love em to play Glastonbury ? - i am not so sure , but I be everyone can write the set list now and you would not be far wrong

Things are maybe changing. There's also a new management company - and, at a guess, the fact that their sales have probably taken a hit over the last few years. They seem to have been one of the bands least affected by record sales flatlining, but they must have noticed that the royalty checks aren't quite as hefty as they once were.

The fact that the Stones did it will probably also have crossed their minds.

As for setlists, sure - but you could more or less have done the same for the Stones (2000 Light Years From Home and Factory Girl aside). The upside to that - and it's a massive upside - is that you know that a whole heap of solid gold floor-fillers are bolted on.

I for one will do a ruddy cartwheel if they get announced.

As a massive fan of DC for over 30 years now , I do know my stuff about the band.

Is it possible that they would play Glasto ?

Probably not - but the one thing that may have changed that is Malcolms illness. No one is really privvy to his health a the moment , but the DC machine is rolling on and it may be the case that his influence has diminshed a bit and its no longer his soles decision. I have read loads of books and magazines about DC and Malcolm does rule that band with an iron first and I am not sure Glastonbury would be his thing and I am certain he has not commented on it favourably in the past , but then again he may have mellowed a bit.

Would I love em to play Glastonbury ? - i am not so sure , but I be everyone can write the set list now and you would not be far wrong

Do I find it odd when people ask themselves questions?

Well yes, actually I do. Weird! (very middle managementesque :-D

and again ihave to say ...

every time PEARL JAM have been mentioned in previous years ALOT of beans are like .........oh no to heavy for glasto ..........and now after Metallica its yae man ACDC why not at abit of SPIPNOT in the mix for christ sake lol..

I SAY NO MORE HEAVY BANDS

at least not till PEARL JAM have played..................................................please lol

But don't AC/DC always bring their own stage? Or is that just sometimes?

When they played Download they had the 2 "main" stages set up side-by-side and it looked a bit silly.

Obviously that wouldn't work at Glasto and I am sure it wouldn't be a deal-breaker for any band really wishing to play, but I have heard it said before the AC/DC have no interest in Glasto...

Edited by karaseen

I have heard it said before the AC/DC have no interest in Glasto...

that actually applied to all festivals.

However, there's been some noises from the AC/DC camp in the last year-ish about them being prepared to play festivals as they no longer wish to do big tours.

Personally I think AC/DC are hugely unlikely ... tho if it is going to happen, I know it will be driven by the band sand not by Glasto.

that actually applied to all festivals.

However, there's been some noises from the AC/DC camp in the last year-ish about them being prepared to play festivals as they no longer wish to do big tours.

Personally I think AC/DC are hugely unlikely ... tho if it is going to happen, I know it will be driven by the band and not by Glasto.

Hopefully this is what Peter Mensch was doing whispering into ME's ear during Metallica.