Muse

eldest300

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the same but with BHAR, my least favourite album except for TR. People will probably bite my head off for Saying this but Map of the Problematique is the only song from that album that makes me want to listen To that album. The songs that everyone seems to love off that don't do much for me (Take a Bow and Assassin).

To be fair I'd agree that half the tracks on BHAR are boring. Starlight's naff, Exo Politics sucks, Soldier's Poem and Hoodoo are boring. Actually other than that I like the rest.

To be fair I'd agree that half the tracks on BHAR are boring. Starlight's naff, Exo Politics sucks, Soldier's Poem and Hoodoo are boring. Actually other than that I like the rest.

I quite like City of Delusion to be fair and of course SMBH and KOC but have heard those 2 so many times they often get skipped. Both are great live though.

Then you get to Revolt, and I can see why people hate it. I am not entirely sure I do and I feel bad about it as , the lyrics are amongst Muse's worse and its like they thought they need to pay tribute to the Killers! Odd! Really Odd!

"Don't you wanna come with me? / Don't you wanna feel my Drones / on your Drones? / It's only natural."

this album just feels like a massive joke that i'm not getting the punchline of. Is it deliberately meant to be this cringey and bad?

Yeah it's all a big elaborate joke, they're taking the piss out of how naff and cheesy most of the bands at Download are by putting out an exaggerated version of them innit. Edited by Zac Quinn

Might be because you guys reduced my expectations to nothing, but im enjoying Drones! Obviously its no Absolution or Origin, Matts lyrics are far too simple and cheesy, and Revolt is a real WTF moment. But I like the instrumentals in Defector, Aftermath, and Globalist (from the new tracks).

It's another post-2007 Muse album. I guess I know what I'm signing up for these days!

I just hate it so much, it's awful.

I'm not just being a hater, Muse are one of the best bands i've ever seen live and this album just feels like a massive joke that i'm not getting the punchline of. Is it deliberately meant to be this cringey and bad?

I wouldn't put it past Matt to have thought it was a really clever joke.

I really like it and I consider myself a big fan. But then I'll get told in not a real fan because I think showbiz is boring for about half the album and really don't see what origin of symmetry does to elevate it to such revered status above absolution (though the songs remind me of some very good times live on the 04-07 time period especially Wembley).

MADNESS! Showbiz is awesome through out!

OoS I think is the better overall album, while Absolution has a few songs (Stockholm Syndrome/ Hysteria/Butterflies and Hurricanes)that are ace and up there with the best of OoS . I can't ever quite as excited about them or the whole album.

Infact I think you could only make an argument for Feeling Good being a bit meh and even that was ace the two times you hear it live :P (and I guess the same applies to Plugin Baby, its a bit dull now based on the amount of times I've heard it)

"Don't you wanna come with me? / Don't you wanna feel my Drones / on your Drones? / It's only natural."

:lol:

I'm not minding this album. Really like Reapers, Psycho, The Handler and the first half of Globalist. As many people have said Drones is awful.

Also I don't mind the verses of Revolt, I thought people on here were exaggerating how bad it is. Then it gets to the chorus and I want to kill myself.

Overall I'd say I like it more than T2L, but less than all the other albums.

Thats all the fan boys who got excited and pre-ordered, if you want to go by charts/numbers its how long it stays that high. This will tail off massively next week.

Me or Bellamy?

I can see this album being a bit of trolling, but that's just me being optimistic. It has to be a joke

Well now you say it..both :P

• 2 weeks later...

Thats all the fan boys who got excited and pre-ordered, if you want to go by charts/numbers its how long it stays that high. This will tail off massively next week.

Hmm...two weeks at number 1 here and their first US number 1...