Glastonbury lost property

Guest grumpyhack

A herogram to all those involved in the Glastonbury Festival Lost Property organisation.

I lost my digital camera at the festival. I thought it might have been pick pocketed or if I had dropped it that anyone who found it would probably have just kept it.

Without any great hope I trudged up to Lost Property and reported it as missing. I struggled to give a description other than make, model and colour. But so many cameras look the same. I couldn’t even give a great description of what photos were on it as I had cleared a lot off before the festival.

Resigning myself to never seeing it again I bought another camera on my return from Glastonbury.

But, to my absolute delight and surprise, it arrived today in the post from GFL, intact and with some precious pictures still there.

I can’t thank them enough for their your help in sorting, tracking down and matching the camera to my rather thin description and then posting it to me.

I’d also like to thank whoever found it and handed it in.

Brought a great smile to my face today.

A herogram to all those involved in the Glastonbury Festival Lost Property organisation.

I lost my digital camera at the festival. I thought it might have been pick pocketed or if I had dropped it that anyone who found it would probably have just kept it.

Without any great hope I trudged up to Lost Property and reported it as missing. I struggled to give a description other than make, model and colour. But so many cameras look the same. I couldn’t even give a great description of what photos were on it as I had cleared a lot off before the festival.

Resigning myself to never seeing it again I bought another camera on my return from Glastonbury.

But, to my absolute delight and surprise, it arrived today in the post from GFL, intact and with some precious pictures still there.

I can’t thank them enough for their your help in sorting, tracking down and matching the camera to my rather thin description and then posting it to me.

I’d also like to thank whoever found it and handed it in.

Brought a great smile to my face today.

Hello grumpy. I suspect you have already thanked them, but I decided to send an email to the lost property people telling them your story - just in case / to make them aware that a lot more people than who have lost equipment etc are pleased that they do such a sterling job ie us on this board.

Unfortunately I lost my rather expensive shades in the Healing Field. I put them down for a couple of seconds while I took some photos. When I went to pick them up they were gone. I emailed lost property but can only assume they were taken by someone. I havent bought replacements yet, as I'm still hoping that they'll be returned but it seems pretty unlikely!

I know someone who lost their phone during a muddy year. They were also very pleasantly surprised to get it back 3 months after the festival!

years ago i lost an old nokia phone nothing special but when my wife send a description hey ho they had it lol its just one of the things that is amazing about glasto considering the size of it and the amount of things that get lost ect you dont see them but the whole workings that go on behind the scenes .its the same with the disabled people there amazing , the stewards the litter pickers the list goes on .

CHAPO to you all

ps ..glad you got your camara back old son

I think it's the law isn't it that if you find a camera at a festival you take it out on a spin for the night whilst snapping away merrily. I couldn't think of nicer photographs right now.

would be great that in doing so you unwittingly actually took photos of the owners of the camera