Benicassim 2015 July 16th - 17th - 18th & 19th

aixa

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reckon there will be a handful of lesser known acts. Seems strange to schedule an announcement just for day splits

Think the reason they have announced the day splits today, is so they can start selling the 1, 2 & 3 day tickets, to boost numbers attending. I wasn't expecting any more additions to the line up today, not a week after the last announcement. There will probably be 2 more announcements - maybe 15-20 more in about a months time, and then a month after that, the final 15-20 acts, which will make the line up complete (70-80 acts in total over the 4 days).

Edited by andytommo

Friday and Saturday probably my best days, unless someone gets announced I'll be giving Thursday a miss probably and only The Cribs I'm really bothered about on Sunday, still promises to be a cracking weekend though, I'd expect a couple of extra names that I'd be interested in to be announced before the festival though!

Yeah I agree, looking at the line up in bulk look brilliant because of the brilliant headline names, there's still some more acts to come and hopefully as the days fill out it will look stronger

It has to look stronger lol. They are waiting their time to announce more acts considering it's less than 3 months to go.

Can't believe that people are still complaining at fib for the line up, claiming that the headliners are weak! I think it has brilliant headliners, just want a few more good names to be announced for the undercard now, dream situation would be Mac Demarco, Ryan Adams and Tame Impala but I understand that these names are unlikely

Edit: also chemical brothers, who is everyone anticipating to be announced for dance acts? Maybe chems are too big to be announced still

Edited by wedgie

Can't believe that people are still complaining at fib for the line up, claiming that the headliners are weak! I think it has brilliant headliners, just want a few more good names to be announced for the undercard now, dream situation would be Mac Demarco, Ryan Adams and Tame Impala but I understand that these names are unlikely

Edit: also chemical brothers, who is everyone anticipating to be announced for dance acts? Maybe chems are too big to be announced still

The people complaining are clearly idiots. It doesn't get much bigger than Blur, Noel is basically Oasis, Prodigy will be awesome. I could list more but I don't need to.

It doesn't get much bigger than Blur, Noel is basically Oasis, Prodigy will be awesome. I could list more but I don't need to.

Seems like every year I read threads about how disappointing the line up is, yet every year I go and have an awesome time and see loads of great bands. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Edited by the_derminator

Does anyone know if you can buy alcohol in the town and if they ID you? I've heard the alcohol inside the festival is exspensive and i dont really want to carry ID around with me as i am planning to lock it up for the week? thankyou :) Also, are the festival security strict with people bringing alcohol into the camp site?

You can buy alcohol in the town - I think there's a LIDL right near the camp site where everyone was going (I stayed at castellon and oropesa del mar when i went so just got my spirits for the festival from there). I didn't stay in the camp site but I think you can take alcohol in (hopefully someone else can clarify)

Looking at your avatar you shouldn't get ID'd, no offence haha!

We are planning on going to Beni on Wednesday 15th as we're staying in Barcelona for a few days first.

We were going to go back to Barcelona airport to catch a bus transfer, but we saw someone on the forum say that it's easier to get the train to Benicassim.

Is it easy to get to the festival from Benicassim train station or should we stick with the bus plan?

Also, does it get cold enough at night for sleeping bags or can we do without?