Benicassim 2015 July 16th - 17th - 18th & 19th

aixa

Hi folks, I'm thinking about heading to BeniFest for the first time this year and wanted to know a bit more about the whole thing before I made a decision. Firstly, when are the first acts usually announced and is there any danger of tickets selling out soon? (Not just early-bird, general sale)

As for travel, for those that have previously made the trip could you give me a heads up on which are the better options? I'll personally be flying in from south France if I can but if the option to fly from a UK airport is cheaper etc. I might opt for that instead. I've heard flying into either Barcelona or Alicante is easier?

Apologies about all the questions, I look forward to it, cheers!

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valencia is the easiest , it's only an hour away , surely you could bus/train from the south of France ? It won't sell out , not sure it ever has and we have usually heard something by now regarding bands , I'm convinced it is imminent though

Agree with Ged, in that it won't sell out. But obviously prices of tickets will increase again in a few weeks. I bought at €99, then they went to €119, and I think they are currently €139 for a couple more weeks. Last year,there were plenty of tickets available for re-sale on eBay for around £100.

Valencia is closest airport, but it all depends on where you fly from in UK, and what days you fly out an back. I always fly to Barcelona, as flights are daily from B'ham, whereas I'd have to fly from London airports if I wanted to get into Valencia on required dates.

Up until last year, first announcements were usually made pre-xmas, re line up, however for 2014 it was really slow and nothing was announced until mid/late Feb. The signs, for this year, is that there wI'll be some kind of announcement before the end of this month, probably with 1, maybe 2 headliners, and a dozen of the 70 or so acts, who will eventually play on the 3 stages across the 4 nights. It's a great festival, so highly recommend doing it.

I either hire a car and drive down from Barca Airport, or take the train, changing at Barca Sants rail station. They often put extra trains on just before/after the festival, but festival coaches also an option to take you straight from Barca Airport to festival. These coaches I think start running Mon, but frequency increases Wed & Thu. There's plenty of official, plus well organised/ experienced non-official coach options, details of which you will easily find via the Internet, in the weeks/months leading up to July. Probably the cheapest option too, if it's just 1 or 2 people. I've never camped (we always do hotel) but I hear that in order to get the best camping spots, you need to be pitching up on Mon/Tue, which is when the campsite opens.

Hoping to see an announcement made when the ticket prices go up later this month. I'm hoping that with Morrissey and Prodigy announcing they're UK tours this week they could be involved in an announcement later this month if there is one, dependent on initial ticket sales for their tours. Would really love to see them both at Beni.

Hi,

Me and a friend are planning to fly from Scotland to either Valencia or Barcelona on the 15th to come to Benicassim for the first time! What's the best transport to take from either city? (We can't drive so hiring a car isn't an option) Is there a way to book in advance?

Also, any tips?

Thanks!

Hi guys! First time at the Beni this year, so I am going to throw some questions at you haha

1. When travelling from the UK, is it best to bring a tent with you, or buy one out there? And are the tent rentals any good?
  2. How easy is it to get alcohol into the camp? And is the town near enough that you can just go in whenever you need anything?
  3. What are prices of food and drink like?
  4. Are there places to charge phones, and if so, what are they like (price etc)?

Thanks in advance, and I apologies of any of these have already been answered :)

Hi guys! First time at the Beni this year, so I am going to throw some questions at you haha

• When travelling from the UK, is it best to bring a tent with you, or buy one out there? And are the tent rentals any good?
  • How easy is it to get alcohol into the camp? And is the town near enough that you can just go in whenever you need anything?
  • What are prices of food and drink like?
  • Are there places to charge phones, and if so, what are they like (price etc)?
Thanks in advance, and I apologies of any of these have already been answered :)