Benicassim 2015 July 16th - 17th - 18th & 19th

aixa

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if people have seen this video from last year, worth a watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmyL529fmI0

Cant wait for Beni now, only thing getting me through the glasto blues!

Festival season starts this Sunday to me, fly to Croatia for Hideout festival, come back to UK for a few days then 4 nights in Barcelona and drive to Benicassim for the week, cant wait.

Mad few weeks ahead now!

Stag do in Malaga next weekend, then a wedding in Brighton, then off to Beni on the Monday.

It's a present for my GF's 30th and my first Beni for 9 years. Literally cannot wait!

Amazing, it's my first Beni in 7 years! I hope it hasn't changed too much since I last went!

Nice! We almost went to nos alive but my husband couldn't get that weekend off work. We are in barcelona for one night before the festival and two nights after. The latest forecast on accuweather is rain on Thursday! It will probably change though.

Didn't even think of accounting for rain! It'll still be warm I guess, so just need a jacket of some sort

Heya it's me, the Beni noob again, 

Is it worth paying for the utilities on offer, such as lockers and chargers? And if you decide to do so, can you get them there and then at the festival or is it best to buy in advance?

As for BOOZE, what prices are we talking? And can you bring your own in?

Watched Jamie T, Florence, FFS and Clean Bandit's sets at Glasto this weekend and they all delivered.

Can't wait now!

Heya it's me, the Beni noob again, 

Is it worth paying for the utilities on offer, such as lockers and chargers? And if you decide to do so, can you get them there and then at the festival or is it best to buy in advance?

As for BOOZE, what prices are we talking? And can you bring your own in?

Watched Jamie T, Florence, FFS and Clean Bandit's sets at Glasto this weekend and they all delivered.

Can't wait now!

Your choice is to either: a) carry your passport and cash everywhere, B) stash it in your tent [most people do this], or c) pay for a locker. I personally have never heard of anyone having their passport/wallet stolen at Beni in the 3 years I have gone. But I am sure there are horror stories. The lockers are kinda convenient- it's nice to know all your kit is completely safe whilst you're out partying.

There are charging stations which are free in the campsites, but of course you have to sit/lay down next to your phone to make sure it isn't nicked. So it does feel like your wasting your time. Or else you can pay for one of these charge rods, or simply do without a phone. You won't probably use it for Internet abroad as it is so expensive, so essentially its a glorified watch. That said many phone companies are lowering the cost of calling and texting abroad, so might be worth it for that.

Booze from Lidl/Mercadona is very cheap. You can bring as much as you want in to the campsite, but you cannot take any of it in to the festival arena. You have to buy booze from their bars using their official tokens, which you buy there. A small cup of beer was 2.50 Euro, whilst a litre of beer was 7.50 Euro, a single shot and mixer is 7.50 Euro too. Will probably be more expensive this year I imagine.

Anyone know what the shade is like at the main campfest campsite?

They put up tarpaulin and you camp under it. They're not amazing. Expect to boil in your tent and to wake up about 6am every morning. It's marginally better in Villacamp, where you camp under trees and tarpaulin. You're still up at 6am most mornings, easier to simply lay out in the open on a lilo to be honest.

Edited by Loserkid

The last couple of years, it's been €3 a token, so €3 for a small (330ml) draft beer, or €9 for a litre. It seems, and I suppose is high priced, but a litre (2 pints) is about £6.50 based on current exch rates, so about £3 to £3.50/pint.  3 or 4 litres of Desperados, and you're starting to have a good night!!!

Your choice is to either: a) carry your passport and cash everywhere, B) stash it in your tent [most people do this], or c) pay for a locker. I personally have never heard of anyone having their passport/wallet stolen at Beni in the 3 years I have gone. But I am sure there are horror stories. The lockers are kinda convenient- it's nice to know all your kit is completely safe whilst you're out partying.

There are charging stations which are free in the campsites, but of course you have to sit/lay down next to your phone to make sure it isn't nicked. So it does feel like your wasting your time. Or else you can pay for one of these charge rods, or simply do without a phone. You won't probably use it for Internet abroad as it is so expensive, so essentially its a glorified watch. That said many phone companies are lowering the cost of calling and texting abroad, so might be worth it for that.

Booze from Lidl/Mercadona is very cheap. You can bring as much as you want in to the campsite, but you cannot take any of it in to the festival arena. You have to buy booze from their bars using their official tokens, which you buy there. A small cup of beer was 2.50 Euro, whilst a litre of beer was 7.50 Euro, a single shot and mixer is 7.50 Euro too. Will probably be more expensive this year I imagine.

They put up tarpaulin and you camp under it. They're not amazing. Expect to boil in your tent and to wake up about 6am every morning. It's marginally better in Villacamp, where you camp under trees and tarpaulin. You're still up at 6am most mornings, easier to simply lay out in the open on a lilo to be honest.

Hi!

This is my first time heading to Beni and I'm just trying to work out some transport. I was looking at getting the train down from Barcelona on the Monday, and the considerably cheapest option is to get a train where I have to change at Estacion L'aldea-amposta-tortosa. Obviously this would be no problem in the UK, but I'm not sure how easy it will be in a country where I don't understand the language haha. Has anyone done this before by any chance? or has some thoughts/opinions on this?.

Cheers :-) 

Edited by DaisyG