Benicassim 2015 July 16th - 17th - 18th & 19th

aixa

They put up tarpaulin and you camp under it. They're not amazing. Expect to boil in your tent and to wake up about 6am every morning. It's marginally better in Villacamp, where you camp under trees and tarpaulin. You're still up at 6am most mornings, easier to simply lay out in the open on a lilo to be honest.

Thanks for your help!

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

This is my first time heading to Beni and I'm just trying to work out some transport. I was looking at getting the train down from Barcelona on the Monday, and the considerably cheapest option is to get a train where I have to change at Estacion L'aldea-amposta-tortosa. Obviously this would be no problem in the UK, but I'm not sure how easy it will be in a country where I don't understand the language haha. Has anyone done this before by any chance? or has some thoughts/opinions on this?.

Cheers :-) 

I've never bothered with trains, there's always eufest that do great value coach transfers from airports to Beni though and they're well frequent, too.

We're getting on a coach Monday evening from Barca.

Reyt excited for Swim Deep, less than a fortnight - I hope that weird bar that exclusively serves Corona and sushi has survived the last four years

Is there any where in beni town to pick up a cool box to keep our drink cold? Or any handy tips appreciated :)

Loads. Just walk up the main road through the middle of town and you'll see shops with them outside on the pavement. And you'll be able to pick up ice from the supermarket, or little food/drink shops.

Loads. Just walk up the main road through the middle of town and you'll see shops with them outside on the pavement. And you'll be able to pick up ice from the supermarket, or little food/drink shops.

Thanks much appreciated as you can tell I'm a noob :).

We will be arriving Tuesday night in beni how busy is it normally then?

Hey,

Anyone know if it's worth getting Villacamp over the normal camping with the ticket? I've never been before and I don't know if it's worth the money and if it's less social/ alot better for not melting or not

Thanks

Hi Jack, a few of my pals stayed in villa Camp last year and when they came to our normal camping area they said there wasn't much difference, apparently the showers are hotter in the villa camp area, however the cool showers in the normal area are perfect really as its really refreshing in the morning. Also we had a few people Say that they regretted paying the extra money and that the normal area had a lot better atmosphere to that of the villa camp. I think the only one plus for the villa camp is that your not sleeping on gravel grass but who cares at 6 in the morning! I'd go for normal mate, spend the cash you save on more beer

Edited by DezP91

Hey guys! Beni noob here. 

How strict are the security when it comes to taking in alcohol to the arena? I have three hipflasks I want to be filling up with the good stuff!

Also, is the town centre walking distance? I plan on having a chorizo diet! When in Rome....

Thanks for your help guys!

Beni_first_timer

How strict are the security when it comes to taking in alcohol to the arena? I have three hipflasks I want to be filling up with the good stuff!

Also, is the town centre walking distance? I plan on having a chorizo diet! When in Rome....

Beni_first_timer

Getting alcohol into the arena can prove quite difficult. As it is really hot theres usually not many places to hide alcohol, as you would at a UK festival.

You do get a good check over (pat down) when you enter the arena. A few friends got away with hipflasks last year, just make sure you hide it well.

The town centre is about a 15 minute walk, and the beach about 20 minutes. You can always get a taxi back too if you end up overdoing it on the chorizo. :)

Edited by DezP91

Beni_first_timer

Hipflask in the gooch, you know this

http://fiberfib.com/en/horarios-planos.php

Map is up, interesting that trenchtown is outside the festival, otherwise, other than the addition of south beach it looks largely the same as last year.

I had a feeling that the South Beach zone would be up there, where the Red Bull Silent Disco has been in recent years, i.e. where that little splash pool and chill out area is.  Don't think I'll bother with the Trenchtown, but a good addition and idea for those who're camping, especially if it kicks off on Tue/Wed?

Still a couple weeks away, and early days, but someone has put a Clashfinder up, which I'm sure will evolve over the next 10 days, once more times are confirmed, so I'd still take this with caution; http:///s/benicassim2015/

Interesting with how early Portishead are on Sunday night, with Bastille on after them, in the usual 1am headliner spot, although this clashes badly for me, as I want to see PE too! Also noticed that Swim Deep on pretty early Thu night, and I'm sure Blur will do more than 1h30m, all being well?

Edited by andytommo

Still a couple weeks away, and early days, but someone has put a Clashfinder up, which I'm sure will evolve over the next 10 days, once more times are confirmed, so I'd still take this with caution; http:///s/benicassim2015/

Interesting with how early Portishead are on Sunday night, with Bastille on after them, in the usual 1am headliner spot, although this clashes badly for me, as I want to see PE too! Also noticed that Swim Deep on pretty early Thu night, and I'm sure Blur will do more than 1h30m, all being well?

You know if there's any reliability to this or just a pure guess? I think putting mark ronson on the 2nd stage at same time as Los planetas would be a bizarre decision, he'll surely attract a huge crowd! Like you said surely blur will get 2 hours or maybe even a little more.. Not bad at all for clashes though if that is the real timings

Also how come bjork is on there? Have I missed something haha

Edited by wedgie

You know if there's any reliability to this or just a pure guess? I think putting mark ronson on the 2nd stage at same time as Los planetas would be a bizarre decision, he'll surely attract a huge crowd! Like you said surely blur will get 2 hours or maybe even a little more.. Not bad at all for clashes though if that is the real timings

Also how come bjork is on there? Have I missed something haha

Los Planetas are massive in Spain, one of the biggest indie-bands, but I agree, with 60-70% of the crowd being Irish/British, then Ronson on stage 2 will be rammed.  That's where I'll be!

I'd say this has come from someone who has inside knowledge, and being involved in producing the website/app/programme, so I reckon this is a lot more than 'just a guess'.  Like you though, dunno why Bjork is on there.  Would be a nice, surprise, late addition!

Edited by andytommo