Benicassim 2015 July 16th - 17th - 18th & 19th

aixa

Todays additions depressed me a bit tbh.... so I've just sat down and gone through the whole list so far.

I make it 19 bands I want to see and 11 that I'll check out if nothing else is on.

Bargain!

For £140 you can't go wrong. I'd pay that just to see Blur!

Hi guys,

first time going to benicassim, was going to be going in a relationship, but now we've broke up, I still intend on going. Anyone been on there own before, any tips?

You'll be alright mate, it's such a friendly place. You'll be best mates with all your neighbours by the end of day 2!

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just realised catfish and the bottlemen are playing San antonio on the 15th and Dublin on the 17th so they are free on the 16th. Think there's a chance? I've just thought that they could've held off announcing them until after their UK tour goes on sale which was only yesterday!

I've just realised catfish and the bottlemen are playing San antonio on the 15th and Dublin on the 17th so they are free on the 16th. Think there's a chance? I've just thought that they could've held off announcing them until after their UK tour goes on sale which was only yesterday!

they probably have a Spanish exclusivity contract

Anyone managed to book their train tickets yet?

I can't get availability via renfe.com for Barcelona to Castellon.

No, I haven't been able to book anything yet either. I heard a few weeks ago that there was a delay with them going on sale but I thought they would be on sale by now.

the latest poster still says '...and many more!!!' they usually take that off after the last announcement.

there will be one in two or three weeks, on the 1st of July last year Charli XCX, Wolf Alice and more were added.

It's to push those who are in the balance over for a last minute trip, or those who have been put off booking their tickets in the build up.

Long time lurker and a poster on these forums once upon a time ago but forgot both my login and then my e-mail address to find any way back into the site with my old account. Regardless, bagged myself a ticket to Benicassim when they were on a promo offer at €130 (bargain!) and really looking forward not just to my first Benicassim but also my first festival outside of England!

Anyway this is a big, big heads up (and one which I thought was worthy of making another account for) but the train tickets for Benicassim are now on sale on Renfe and they're very cheap. I'm coming from Valencia and just managed to get mine return going Mon morning early and returning the following Monday for around €16. Prices were going up though even as I was purchasing mine with certain routes no longer for sale due to their popularity so it's well worth getting them whilst you can!

So in short, train tickets now up on Renfe - go go go!

Long time lurker and a poster on these forums once upon a time ago but forgot both my login and then my e-mail address to find any way back into the site with my old account. Regardless, bagged myself a ticket to Benicassim when they were on a promo offer at 130 (bargain!) and really looking forward not just to my first Benicassim but also my first festival outside of England!

Anyway this is a big, big heads up (and one which I thought was worthy of making another account for) but the train tickets for Benicassim are now on sale on Renfe and they're very cheap. I'm coming from Valencia and just managed to get mine return going Mon morning early and returning the following Monday for around 16. Prices were going up though even as I was purchasing mine with certain routes no longer for sale due to their popularity so it's well worth getting them whilst you can!

Thanks for the heads up about train tickets, gunna get them booked ASAP

Hi, this will be my first year at Beni. I have just read through all 29 pages on here but I still have a few questions.

We are travelling from Madrid and were looking into driving however I seen someone mention toll roads which I hadn't factored in to the cost. Does anyone know roughly how much in tolls it would be for that journey?

We are also staying at Villcamp and won't be arriving until the Wednesday night. We were considering buying a tent and putting it up but people seem to be suggesting by the Wednesday night the place is pretty rammed already? So am I just as well off renting a tent that is already there? Has anyone used these before?

Also, if we did choose to drive, is there parking at the Villacamp or is it just at Campfest and the arena?

Cheers

Got a PM from FIB today saying more names to come !!!!!!!!!

Hopefully some good mid level bands to play the undercard. I have read the festival is on to the early hours of the morning. What time does it usually start and finish at? I take it you can pick up a stage time guide in the festival?

Hopefully some good mid level bands to play the undercard. I have read the festival is on to the early hours of the morning. What time does it usually start and finish at? I take it you can pick up a stage time guide in the festival?

I'm not expecting m/any more 'known' names to the UK attendees, but still reckon there's 10-15 more acts tba.

Thu, which is usually a low key night (with just 2 of the 3 stages open, no.1 & no.3) kicks off about 7pm, then Florence will be on from 1am-2.30am as headliner, but then there's usually a biggish 'dance' act which follows (3am-4am) on the main stage. It usually finishes up about 4am on Thu.

On Fri/Sat/Sun, first bands take to the stages (staggered) from about 6pm, then headliner on main stage from 1am, with headliner of 2nd stage usually on between 1.30am and 2am. Again, big dance act from 3am-4am on main stage, with DJs playing on stages 2&3 from 3am until about 7am. In a nutshell, it's pretty much 12hrs every night from 6pm-6am, which is great, as the sun goes down about 9pm, and it's really pleasant weather all night (20c-25c), so not unbearable.

You can buy a programme (lanyard) for about 10euro with all the stage times, etc, or what I do is visit Clashfinder website a few days before it starts, and do a screenshot, which is easier to see who's playing where, at what time. Here a link to last years line ups. http:///s/beni14

It's always a wicked festival, and with this years impressive line up, incl 4 x great headliners, together with the South Beach and Jamaica zones, I'm sure it will make be a festival to remember.

HTH?

Edited by andytommo

Hi, this will be my first year at Beni. I have just read through all 29 pages on here but I still have a few questions.

We are travelling from Madrid and were looking into driving however I seen someone mention toll roads which I hadn't factored in to the cost. Does anyone know roughly how much in tolls it would be for that journey?

We are also staying at Villcamp and won't be arriving until the Wednesday night. We were considering buying a tent and putting it up but people seem to be suggesting by the Wednesday night the place is pretty rammed already? So am I just as well off renting a tent that is already there? Has anyone used these before?

Also, if we did choose to drive, is there parking at the Villacamp or is it just at Campfest and the arena?

Cheers

Are you going on any of these roads? http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/overseas/european_tolls_results.jsp?country=Spain

I usually pay about 35euro tolls from Barca to Beni (2 x separate toll fees)

Can't answer the campaign/tent Qs I'm afraid, as we always hotel it.

Edited by andytommo

Looking at superbock superrock names which shares a lot of names (got blur, Florence and noel g as 3 of the 4 headline acts advertised on the website) could possibly be a few names added from there (if any of the remaining names are actually recognisable)

I'd love to see unknown mortal orchestra added, I'd imagine Bombay bicycle club and vaccines are too big to be added at this stage, wouldn't mind being proven wrong though haha

Could anyone advise me on the best areas to camp as with there being no map available there's nowhere even to aim for before going! I'm getting to Beni early Morn morning and hoping to secure a camping spot with a bit of shade, any advice on which way to head? Also from past experience what is it like in the early part of the week - is it already packed like Glastonbury or other major festivals early on the Monday or does it tend to be busier later on in the week? Also from experience is there any music on or any entertainment Mon/Tues/Wed night?

Also another couple of questions, how far is the nearest supermarket? I'm coming from Valencia to Beni and I was hoping to get some beer/food at a mercadona/lidl which I believe are near by in speaking to people who have been before? Also has anyone visited the waterpark in benicassim before? Unsure whether to go during one of the days as there's currently a voucher on groupon.

Sorry for being a Benicassim noob, I'm learning (slowly!) hoping for a few more acts to be announced to what is already an amazing value for money lineup and set of acts which some festivals which cost nearly double would kill for! Cheers not long to go now!

Long time lurker and a poster on these forums once upon a time ago but forgot both my login and then my e-mail address to find any way back into the site with my old account. Regardless, bagged myself a ticket to Benicassim when they were on a promo offer at €130 (bargain!) and really looking forward not just to my first Benicassim but also my first festival outside of England!

Anyway this is a big, big heads up (and one which I thought was worthy of making another account for) but the train tickets for Benicassim are now on sale on Renfe and they're very cheap. I'm coming from Valencia and just managed to get mine return going Mon morning early and returning the following Monday for around €16. Prices were going up though even as I was purchasing mine with certain routes no longer for sale due to their popularity so it's well worth getting them whilst you can!

Thanks for the tip, booked ours last night! Coming from Barcelona. I'm so excited!

Could anyone advise me on the best areas to camp as with there being no map available there's nowhere even to aim for before going! I'm getting to Beni early Morn morning and hoping to secure a camping spot with a bit of shade, any advice on which way to head? Also from past experience what is it like in the early part of the week - is it already packed like Glastonbury or other major festivals early on the Monday or does it tend to be busier later on in the week? Also from experience is there any music on or any entertainment Mon/Tues/Wed night?

Also another couple of questions, how far is the nearest supermarket? I'm coming from Valencia to Beni and I was hoping to get some beer/food at a mercadona/lidl which I believe are near by in speaking to people who have been before? Also has anyone visited the waterpark in benicassim before? Unsure whether to go during one of the days as there's currently a voucher on groupon.

Sorry for being a Benicassim noob, I'm learning (slowly!) hoping for a few more acts to be announced to what is already an amazing value for money lineup and set of acts which some festivals which cost nearly double would kill for! Cheers not long to go now!

I can't advise you on camping as I haven't camped since 2008 so my memory's a bit sketchy and we've got a hotel this year!

I remember that there's a lidl type supermarket in town though, about 20 - 30 minute walk I think. It sells mega cheap boxes of sangria for a couple of euros, and really cheap small bottles of beer. I also bought loads of bread/cheese and crisps there last time to save a bit of cash.

I've heard the waterpark was amazing from friends who went, and the slides look really cool in the pictures but I can't swim properly and I'm afraid of waterslides so it wasn't really worth me paying to get in haha!

You don't have to apologise, this thread is here to help people who have questions :-)

Also has anyone visited the waterpark in benicassim before? Unsure whether to go during one of the days as there's currently a voucher on groupon.

Went to the waterpark last year, really good!

We were there for at least 5 hours and the food and drink inside wasn't too expensive either. I'd recommend it.

Hey guys, I had a look on voyages-sncf at trains, but it's only offering me trains from Barcelona Sants, correct me if I'm wrong but don't I need a train from Barcelona El Prat??

Also should I really bother with pre-booking train tickets, just in case my flight gets delayed and I miss the train?