2015 Wishlist

teamdobby

For me, headliner wise it would be from a choice of AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, System of a Down or Slipknot. Preferably AC/DC, Foo Fighters and Slipknot but that would be unlikely as it is expensive so I would say Biffy Clyro, SOAD and AC/DC.

Other bands: Halestorm, Sum 41/ Good Charlotte, Heaven's Basement, Marmozets, Black Stone cherry, A Day To Remember, Bullet for my Valentine :)

Who would you guys like to see play Sonisphere if it runs again in 2015? :D

I'd like to see Slipknot there, as missed them last time. Also Rammstein would be great, SOAD, Tool, Sabbath - all worth headliners.

Like to see a bit more punk there - Offspring, Rise Against, Less Than Jake, Pennywise...

Just hope it continues as it's down the road for us to pop in for a childfree rest. Though looking forward to taking the litlun when he's older.

Yeah arguably 2012 was the most diverse line up, and that was a disaster. I don't think a name-change would really fool people, and it'd separate it from the Euro events, which would weaken it. They probably could book Kasabian, it wouldn't go down as well as it would at other festivals, but if the rest of the bill was good for the core audience then it'd work - kind of like Biffy in 2011.

Edited by kipper64

I think there are enough festivals that can have Kasabian headlining them :P

But there does need to be some change for Soni to survive.

Both Soni and DL need to promote a few more bands up to headliner - they are already with A7X and Biffy, but more needed.

They could both easily get Queens Of The Stone Age to headline and it is clear that Download want to bump up Bullet For My Valentine

Kasabian was just an example.

But yeah, bumping up acts might tide them over a couple more years but they've got to still be wary about poor ticket sales - it's alright saying they should start booking new headliners but the reason they're not is because of the shaky ground the festivals are on. Adding to the small headliner pool is probably not going to be as effective as just getting a bigger pool and the Knebworth House owner was on about getting different sorts of acts in, albeit in addition to Sonisphere. Doesn't really need to stop at headliners either - the undercard this year had some bright spots but it seemed like the same old stuff. They could probably profit from having the powerhouses of Glastonbury, Roskilde and Werchter around the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon something like this could be good for next year. Some old staples but the majority of the lineup haven't played before/were gonna be at 2012/haven't played the main stages before:

Friday

Apollo

Faith No More
Incubus
Marilyn Manson
Nightwish
Billy Talent
Cancer Bats
No Devotion

Saturday

Apollo

Biffy Clyro
The Smashing Pumpkins
Megadeth
Brand New
Glassjaw
The Blackout
Sikth

Saturn

Enter Shikari
Gerard Way
Killswitch Engage
Eagles of Death Metal
Mongol Horde
Heaven's Basement

Sunday

Apollo

System of a Down
Alter Bridge
Machine Head
Stone Sour
Skindred
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Letlive

Saturn

Bring Me The Horizon
Rise Against
Death From Above 1979
Coheed and Cambria
Every Time I Die
Future of the Left

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since anyone posted in here! I did a Download lineup over in that thread, so I thought I'd give a Soni lineup a go if they were to come back next year. I haven't used anyone from the Download prediction I posted. Would this go down well?

(Friday Apollo)

System Of A Down*

Bring Me The Horizon

Incubus

Trivium

Gogol Bordello

Bury Tomorrow

Hacktivist

(Saturday Apollo)

Tool

Soundgarden

Lamb Of God

Killswitch Engage

Glassjaw

The Dillinger Escape Plan

I Killed The Prom Queen

(Saturday Saturn)

KoRn

Cypress Hill

Papa Roach

(Sunday Apollo)

Black Sabbath

Slash ft. Myles Mennedy

Megadeth

Journey

Skindred

Eagles Of Death Metal

Rise To Remain

(Sunday Saturn)

The Offspring

NOFX

Four Year Strong

* If System aren't active next year, then I can see Linkin Park headlining.

Edited by Andre91

• 1 month later...

I believe Sonisphere's now in the hands of DEAG - who are concentrating on a new festival called 'Green Hell' which will take place at the Nurburgring (taking the site over from Rock Am Ring), organized by DEAG chief Peter Schwenkow and a festival team of Wizard Promotions chief Ossy Hoppe, son Oliver and Galbraith.

So I wonder if Sonisphere will become 'Green Hell' too