2015 Wishlist

teamdobby

I really hope it does go ahead as download needs a kick up the ass after filling the line up with the same old past it acts. Booking a trio like pearl jam, biffy clyro and bmth would give it a different feel to download and hopefully make it viable. Add the likes of volbeat, weezer, killswitch, the wonder years, basically just make a fest like reading was in the early 00's 

2 hours ago, Black_Crow said:

I didn't realise they were exclusive to BOA.

Hmm. It does say "Bloodstock will be the place to see them next summer" but that's not definitive.

Just looking at that BOA announcement; I swear the members of Mastodon, Ghost, Gojira and Metallica must be sick of the sight of each other by now. Every festival that has one of those seems guaranteed to have at least another one on the same day. Good management I suppose.

12 hours ago, Black_Crow said:

Patience. Bands aren't ready yet.

Thing is, punters don't have that much patience and have limited cash.  If Soni wants the cash of someone who can only afford one festival, then they need to get their fingers out and announce soon.  DL will likely have another announcement before Xmas to pick up on the pressie / Xmas money market and by then Soni will be dead and buried.  That will mean it'll happened once in 5 years - not coming back from that, sadly.

Black_Crow - do you actually have anything solid on Soni, or are you just a fanboi troll?

On 11/10/2015, 8:11:10, Black_Crow said:

Just wait and see what Sonisphere have planned. No one will be disappointed.

13 hours ago, metalicbear said:

Any news on this apparent announcement?

12 hours ago, Black_Crow said:

Patience. Bands aren't ready yet.

Weird seeing these two accounts interact.

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Hmm. It does say "Bloodstock will be the place to see them next summer" but that's not definitive.

Just looking at that BOA announcement; I swear the members of Mastodon, Ghost, Gojira and Metallica must be sick of the sight of each other by now. Every festival that has one of those seems guaranteed to have at least another one on the same day. Good management I suppose.

I'm surprised BOA didn't get Ghost, as well as Mastodon and Gojira, would have thought that package would make sense, I'm not sure Gojira are big enough to sub either, unless a band dropped out.. Seems to be quite a few people thinking that the last headliner is Volbeat. Wonder what happened to that guy who said they were definitely playing high up at Download.

When bands are announced they say if they're exclusive or not, for instance in the presser this week, Satyricon got announced as only UK show, whereas Gojira and Anthrax didn't. Makes you wonder if they're doing double duty.

If Black Crow has anything, and I have less faith in him as time goes on, he seems to be suggesting that a, or some, band has agreed to do Sonisphere (or a Knebworth based festival) but this will not be announced until the band is ready to announce their full tour dates.

If you've had an eye on the runners, the band that may be holding this up is either Guns N Roses and/or Tool. If either confirm with somewhere else or their own shows, I think you can safely kiss Sonisphere goodbye.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Pubely said:

If Black Crow has anything

He has nothing, has never had anything and will likely never have anything. He's been proven wrong every year except 2014 when he got lucky. Even gazza has a better strike rate. Come to think of it there's quite a few similarities with him too. 

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎15‎:‎52‎:‎49, Pubely said:

If Black Crow has anything, and I have less faith in him as time goes on, he seems to be suggesting that a, or some, band has agreed to do Sonisphere (or a Knebworth based festival) but this will not be announced until the band is ready to announce their full tour dates.

If you've had an eye on the runners, the band that may be holding this up is either Guns N Roses and/or Tool. If either confirm with somewhere else or their own shows, I think you can safely kiss Sonisphere goodbye.

It's getting to crunch time, if bands aren't ready, they will move on.

I did a thing with some names scraped together that are already announced as being around but not seemingly doing Download or anything else exclusively.

BRING ME THE HORIZON, Five Finger Death Punch, Killswitch Engage, Mastodon

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, Limp Bizkit, The Offspring, The Hives
- Saturn: Slayer, Anthrax

DEEP PURPLE, Steel Panther, Tenacious D, Of Mice & Men
- Saturn: Billy Talent, NOFX

Would that be worth putting on?

Rock in Vienna did,RIR and Rockavaria announced him but not as headliner afaik so still have 2 TBA.

As I said in my last post though I believe offers are still out with some acts who have yet to say no, but it's getting to crunch time and if they don't say aye or no soon it'll be a complete write-off. Veeeeerry unlikely to be yes's at this stage too.

Edited by kipper64