Funniest things you saw at 2014?

TheGaffer

Arctic monkeys on sunday night, I was in the crowd near the back towards the ferris wheel. Next thing This guy comes out of no where with a no climbing sign he had ripped out the ground. Parading around with it above it had, playing it likea guitar, attempting to use it as a telescope...all sorts of actions with this sign. posing for pictures...man, had me in tears

Wasn't really that funny but it was karma being served instantly so it did put a very large smile on my face...

During Arctic Monkeys I left to go for a pint and as I was walking to the bar this group of 3 girls and 4 boys, who were aged around 17-18 I'd say, were running holding hands and singing "hello hello, we are the billy boys" They got to the line that says "up to our knees in fenian blood" and before one of the boys even finished the line a random just came flying out of the crowd, kicked his legs away and knocked him on his arse. The folk round about him let out a wee cheer and stood laughing at the boy on the ground.

Funnily enough, the rest of them stopped singing at that point and they scuttered away into the night looking very embarrassed. No sympathy for idiots like that group.

No need for any of that shite at a festival.Lucky it was only a leg sweep he got.

The amount of people singing various football songs was annoying. Evening the non-sectarian ones everybody knows as well like celery, why sing that when your walking past a stage,

Back on topic, the woman outside the portaloo with a massive jug of water shouting "hands" at me as I walked out was funny, once she explained the hand sanitizers had been kicked off it seemed less weird, but still very weird. And as I said on another thread the guy by a portaloo mumbling "here we, here we, here we can't fucking go" was hilarious.

The man coming out of passenger shouting "fuck the English bastards" all the way out was less funny.

Edited by crazyguy

Wasn't really that funny but it was karma being served instantly so it did put a very large smile on my face...

During Arctic Monkeys I left to go for a pint and as I was walking to the bar this group of 3 girls and 4 boys, who were aged around 17-18 I'd say, were running holding hands and singing "hello hello, we are the billy boys" They got to the line that says "up to our knees in fenian blood" and before one of the boys even finished the line a random just came flying out of the crowd, kicked his legs away and knocked him on his arse. The folk round about him let out a wee cheer and stood laughing at the boy on the ground.

Funnily enough, the rest of them stopped singing at that point and they scuttered away into the night looking very embarrassed. No sympathy for idiots like that group.

What a hero kicking a young wean.

Wrong person and he would have been fucked.

And am no into that shit before you start

Hardly a young wean at 17/18. We dont know the age of the person that done it aswell.

Fair enough ah seen a idiot with a rangers top on run up to 2 guys with "yes" saltires and grabbed one of them then started jumping on it,not one person stood about cheering and that included his 2 mates.

Quite sad really.

What a hero kicking a young wean.

Wrong person and he would have been fucked.

And am no into that shit before you start

Before I start? haha I'm capable of having a conversation without "starting"

Can't remember calling him a hero. He clipped his heels, it was hardly a kick, and if I'm being honest he probably done them a favour. They stopped singing. If they had came across someone else they might "have been fucked" as you put it.

I've no time for any of it on both sides and I actually cringe when I see people wearing football tops at festivals.

On a lighter note, there was a guy walking around the campsite offering "free hugs for a tenner" What made it funny was the drunk girl walking past him who was trying to figure out how it was free if he was charging £10. I could just hear her having a discussion with her mate and she really wasn't understanding it at all.

Lying in my tent one night aswell and overheard a guy saying to his mate, "I'm shaking like a shitting giraffe" I was buckled at this for ages afterwards, mostly due to the fact I was then picturing a shitting giraffe.

Before I start? haha I'm capable of having a conversation without "starting"

Can't remember calling him a hero. He clipped his heels, it was hardly a kick, and if I'm being honest he probably done them a favour. They stopped singing. If they had came across someone else they might "have been fucked" as you put it.

I've no time for any of it on both sides and I actually cringe when I see people wearing football tops at festivals.

Am the same got to ask wtf is the point?

Saying that did have a laugh with a couple of Aberdeen fans at human league

seen a great flag at arctic monkeys "f*ck her right in the P*ssy" had me in tears, the mrs didnt find it as clever.....

ill have to watch it on tv and see if i can spot it

Was watching Tame Impala and about 3/4 through their set the singer said "I think I have finally worked out what that flag says... Fuck her right in the pussy!". Definitely a highlight of mine.

Also at Chvrches on the Sunday there was a man who looked like he was in his 60's or 70's on someones shoulders, he was having so much fun, everyone was loving it

Some wee boy about 7 on shoulders flirting with woman in their 20's and all the funny shit he came away with - usually hate kids in the crowd but this guy was great.

But best of all was this guy who's onions fell off his burger, he was about crying, it was so funny! Best thing I've seen in ages!

People who bring up football (shirts fine, but no chants, etc) and politics (Yes Flags, preaching, etc) don't belong at festivals and are just complete knobs in my eyes. But those who react violently are just as bad. Not funny.

Some wee boy about 7 on shoulders flirting with woman in their 20's and all the funny shit he came away with - usually hate kids in the crowd but this guy was great.

But best of all was this guy who's onions fell off his burger, he was about crying, it was so funny! Best thing I've seen in ages!

People who bring up football (shirts fine, but no chants, etc) and politics (Yes Flags, preaching, etc) don't belong at festivals and are just complete knobs in my eyes. But those who react violently are just as bad. Not funny.

The fucking Yes flags did my head in, they seemed to be everywhere. I get it's a big issue for your country and your very passionate about it but the whole reason I rocked up to an abandoned airfield for 5 days was to forget all that real world stuff.

The fucking Yes flags did my head in, they seemed to be everywhere. I get it's a big issue for your country and your very passionate about it but the whole reason I rocked up to an abandoned airfield for 5 days was to forget all that real world stuff.

Yup pissed me off too. Hear enough about it at home and your right a festival is a great place to forget what's going on in the world! Politics have no place at a festival, pub, nightclub, etc. These are places we go to relax, party and forget. + drink doesn't help with people who have strong feelings about these things.

the amount of flags surprised me, had no idea so many would bother and try and make political statements at a festival especially when its such a strong subject in scotland at the moment. Most people like myself just want to get away from all the bullshit at least for a weekend.

I also just remembered, on the Sunday when London Grammar pulled out so Chvrches had to replace them, two songs into their set Lauren said "Thank you, if you didn't already notice, we aren't London Grammar, we are a Scottish band called Chvrches!"

A guy behind me then shouted "Aw, for fuck's sake" and left. I found it so funny he had managed to stand through two songs without realising it was the wrong band!

seen 2 blokes having a "dance off" during sophie ellis bexter of all people. was only 1ish in the afternoon but i was pissing myself when 1 of them started doing the worm to fucking 'murder on the dancefloor'. of all the songs!

the amount of flags surprised me, had no idea so many would bother and try and make political statements at a festival especially when its such a strong subject in scotland at the moment. Most people like myself just want to get away from all the bullshit at least for a weekend.

The Generation Yes campaign paid for 20 folk to go along (one of them being my mate's chick) and try to make a statement/pull off some sort of media a stunt. I gave them a wide berth for the weekend after spotting them decked out head to toe in Yes jackets/t-shirts/stickers/flags

Its not Glastonbury, so leave all the political crap at home!

Anyway as for funny things, the amount of folk sticking people on their shoulders and trying to out do each other before the Arctic Monkeys came on was impressive. A few folk managed to go three high and hold it together well (including some chick who managed a guy on top of her shoulders, while already sitting on top of someone else's shoulders)
xehtJAk.jpg
One group of guys managed to get four high, but it didn't last long and took out most of the crowd in front of them when it collapsed. It wasn't smart and it wasn't clever, but they probably realised that on the way back down!

The Generation Yes campaign paid for 20 folk to go along (one of them being my mate's chick) and try to make a statement/pull off some sort of media a stunt. I gave them a wide berth for the weekend after spotting them decked out head to toe in Yes jackets/t-shirts/stickers/flags

Its not Glastonbury, so leave all the political crap at home!

You're completely right, a festival is no place for politics. These events are meant to unite people rather than divide them politically. It was the one thing I felt uncomfortable about watching the coverage at the weekend. The Yes flags felt really out of place and I was staggered by the number of folk who thought taking one all the way up to Balado was a good idea. It even got to the point where I thought they might've been handing them out outside there was so many. Now it makes sense if there were people paid to be there.

(Not that I'm saying I was surprised by support for one side, just by the high number of the same flags always floating into shot)