RockNess 2015

Guest cambyman

Do we think next year will go ahead?

If so, how would you like to see the festival evolve to remain a success for years?

Who would you like to see host the stages/arenas?

Site layout - similar to 2013 with camping overlooking the arena or back to the previous set up?

And headliners/acts for 2015?

I certainly hope we can head back up north for became my favourite weekend of the summer.

• 3 weeks later...

I am wishing with all my heart that Rockness does return next year...this summer hasnt quite felt complete without it.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how the festival needs to change to remain a success because personally I think it's perfect the way it was. Nowadays we can maybe ride on the assumption that a festival needs to become more "mainstream" to stay a success. This in turn would see us have worse music and more chavs which is a massive no for rockness, because i feel the party atmosphere makes it all the more special.

I keep the site layout the same as 2013, was so handy.

In terms of headliners I would welcome the likes of Chemical Brothers and The Strokes to make a return. Also Biffy are always gonna put on a brilliant show and attract a massive crowd. I do think Chase & Status are big enough to headline rockness and would probably be a popular choice. Then you always have Calvin Harris but that is just another step to making it a bit more like T. I think Twin Atlantic would also be a good contender for a high up spot/tent headliner. London Grammar would also be a great addition for a rockness line up. DJ's i'd love to see at Rockness would be DJ Harvey, Kerri Chandler, DJ EZ, KiNK, Neville Watson, Hot Since 82, Above & Beyond (AGAIN PLEASE - would be nice to see them do something special for the festival like an acoustic set), ONEMAN, i could go on and on. Would having scottish acts such as Travis spark an interest?

Subclub need to host!!!!!(Harri & Dom, Telford, etc would be class to have at the loch) Living in glasgow and being part of the Subclub team may make me bias towards them playing a big part, but Subclub is massively popular. The 20 years of Subclubculture drew huge interest with a number of high profile interviews from DJ Mag. If Subclub got in on promotions for rockness they would create huge hype. Many of the DJ's i named played, sold out and blew the minds of the Subclub crowd.

Its hard to name a lineup that would sell and maintain the festival. It needs to remain special, how this happens i dunno. Im just hoping and praying it comes back stronger than ever.

Edited by rockmess

• 1 month later...

Daniel Avery would be a good DJ to get his Drone Logic CD is amazing, incredible droney Chemical Brothers, Orbital and Underworld influenced techno. Maybe Aphex Twin with his new album out by then, Jon Hopkins, James Holden, Four Tet, Joy Orbison, Bodikka, Nathan Fake. Jamie XX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpdkqLseeIA

Edited by Frrrraaappp head

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If it keeps all the shitey ned bawbags out of Belladrum and Loopallu then I'm all for it returning. Both festivals had an increased bawbag factor this year. They both also sold out before or just after the line up was announced. They're both further to travel for most so for Rockness to struggle suggests that they are doing something wrong.