Ticket Scam

Guest pablopablo

Hey guys. Just a heads up about buying tickets online. Pretty sure I've just been stung for about 300 quid trying to buy Kendal tickets from someone on ScarletMist. Absolutely gutted. I consider myself pretty savy at this sort of thing and took a number of steps to ensure it was legit and still got taken. My advice really would be only buy tickets online if you can meet in person and swap cash and tickets.

Anyway if anyone in the manchester area happened to have two tickets for sale I'd be incredibly grateful.

Have fun out there!

Hey guys. Just a heads up about buying tickets online. Pretty sure I've just been stung for about 300 quid trying to buy Kendal tickets from someone on ScarletMist. Absolutely gutted. I consider myself pretty savy at this sort of thing and took a number of steps to ensure it was legit and still got taken. My advice really would be only buy tickets online if you can meet in person and swap cash and tickets.

Anyway if anyone in the manchester area happened to have two tickets for sale I'd be incredibly grateful.

Have fun out there!

Never heard of ScaretMist before and honestly it looks shite. "We can't protect you from fraudsters", well, in that case what the fuck can you do?

That's very unfair on SM. ;)

It was the very first anti-touting ticket exchange. Many thousands and thousands of tickets have been traded thru it over nearly 15 years, with the massive majority having no problems.

It's efforts have been recognised so that one or more of the big festivals (pretty sure T was one) have at times recommended it for ticket trades at face value.

Richard who is behind it is a very lovely chap who has created and maintained it all for zero reward, and he's taken it very personally in the past each time someone has ripped off others, doing all he can to expose &/or prosecute them, plus improve the systems on the site to stop/lessen it happening

He's looked into all angles to try and make it safer for users, but ultimately the only safe system is escrow but neither buyers or sellers are particularly interested in the safety it could give them (he might have now abandoned that, but it will be for that reason if he has).

If we don't support the good guys only the bad guys will be left.

Couldn't agree more with the above. I've bought and sold without problem countless times, even had a beer with sellers in the past.

I do what I can to meet someone in person to collect, even if it means going well out of my way, as added protection. This is usually harder with festivals than gigs though.

I'm grateful Scarlet Mist exists and it devastates me to hear of someone getting screwed over there.

Couldn't agree more with the above. I've bought and sold without problem countless times, even had a beer with sellers in the past.

I do what I can to meet someone in person to collect, even if it means going well out of my way, as added protection. This is usually harder with festivals than gigs though.

I'm grateful Scarlet Mist exists and it devastates me to hear of someone getting screwed over there.

He's looked into all angles to try and make it safer for users, but ultimately the only safe system is escrow but neither buyers or sellers are particularly interested in the safety it could give them (he might have now abandoned that, but it will be for that reason if he has).

Absolutely no criticism of Scarletmist intended. Have used it before with no problems and found it far better than the "official" rip-off resale sites. Just got unlucky this time it seems. Will hopefully be able to reclaim money through paypall but looks like no festi for me..