Trying for a ticket in October for 2015: Yes, no or undecided?

Guest sunnydaysblue

This year I was pretty determined to go to Glastonbury again before I turn 30 and then thought I'd see how I feel about trying again for 2015. With there only being a few years to the fallow year I thought I'm definitely trying for next year having had a great time (though often very tiring) and sober bar a few beers.

Are you trying this October for a ticket? If not or undecided, why? (I'm a nosey bit*h)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely trying again in October, first time this year and already panicking at the thoughts of not getting a ticket. Didn't even get a sniff in the last October sale and was devastated but was luckier in the resale. My nerves are in for another kicking but getting that golden ticket is better than Christmas. All of them, rolled into one.

My nerves are in for another kicking but getting that golden ticket is better than Christmas. All of them, rolled into one.

Amen to that! Shall be trying like a wrong'un

Not sure how many of our group will be. They seem to be *shudder* 'growing up' - though it looks more like selling out from here

Edited by frostypaw

Will be trying for the first time if I can convince friends to give it a go. How do you get people organised so far in advance and convince them of glastonbury's greatness (don't think they're too keen on buying tickets before the line up is released)

Sounds like their more suited to v then. It's much more than the music for me, and headliners are just the optional cherry on the cake

Not going to try for next year myself. I've done 5 out of the last 7 years and although I still enjoy it overall i'm starting to get annoyed by the sheer number of people and people being ruder and selfish year on year. (i'm also doing a 2 week tornado chasing tour in May/June so that will half bankrupt me too!) Having just come back from 2000 Trees and how refreshing it was to go to a small festival with a nice vibe I think i'll stick to smaller festivals from now on. I must be getting old! :D

Edited by cdm22

Not going to try for next year myself. I've done 5 out of the last 7 years and although I still enjoy it overall i'm starting to get annoyed by the sheer number of people and people being ruder and selfish year on year. (i'm also doing a 2 week tornado chasing tour in May/June so that will half bankrupt me too!) Having just come back from 2000 Trees and how refreshing it was to go to a small festival with a nice vibe I think i'll stick to smaller festivals from now on.

Understand the small festival reasoning completely, although I've done small festivals were there was theft, and rowdiness, so it's not just glastonbury. This year I did have one or two unsavoury people just barging past me (one just says out the f**king way!) , I wasn't too.pleased but their experience at glasto was sadder than mine I bet

I'm undecided, which is something I'd never thought I'd say.

I had a good time for the most part, but I felt overwhelmed with the crowds at certain points. Maybe I was just unlucky, but I encountered a fair few dickheads - it took the shine off things for me.

I think that the selfish minority are possibly starting to becoming the majority, and I don't think I can be arsed with it!

I'm going travelling next year too, so I probably wont be able to afford it anyway. If I decide to do a festival next year it will be probably be a smaller one, or maybe one of the European fests.

I'll have to see how I feel when ticket day rolls around again.

I'm undecided, which is something I'd never thought I'd say.

I had a good time for the most part, but I felt overwhelmed with the crowds at certain points. Maybe I was just unlucky, but I encountered a fair few dickheads - it took the shine off things for me.

I think that the selfish minority are possibly starting to becoming the majority, and I don't think I can be arsed with it!

I feel this way too. That and the volume of traffic involved in going anywhere (resulting in me becoming quite lazy over the weekend) have made me unsure whether I'm really that bothered for next year when I can do two or three smaller, friendlier festivals for the price and still see all the acts I wanna see. Then again my mates will all wanna go again plus I kinda want to make it through to next fallow year so I'll probably be trying.

Definitely trying, seeing Robert Plant on the telly has convinced my dad that he isn't too old to give it a go. It'll be pretty good to show the old man around Worthy Farm, I think it might even fall on his 60th birthday.

Hopefully Led Zep headlining for your Dad's 60th then.