You 2015 wish list

ghandi

Ok so that's 2014 out of the way, well at least the festival anyway ;) my thoughts begin to drift ever so slightly towards my wish list for 2015. I hope I'm not putting the mockers on it with regard to October but here goes!

Of the larger acts I'd love to at least once see Radiohead on the Pyramid, I've seen them in the Park doing KOL but I want the full on set, after 5 years straight I think I'm due, so come on Thom pull your finger out!

I want to see Bjork at least once at Glastonbury and I think she's also due a reappearance.

I'd like to see another Disco great on the west Holts like EWF ( rumoured this year) or Shalama at the Avalon, something like that.

I'd also love to see someone like India Irie on the West Holts or Janelle Monae again.

Also Sigur Ros , anywhere would be good.

Other I'd like to see again:

Laura Marling : full headline set in the Park

Maccabees

St Vincent again : though I doubt this would happen.

Little dragon on the Other - Not clashing as they did this year!

Other. than that I'm not fussed, I like to be surprised by the line up, and they've unearthed some real gems from my past over the last 5 years.

Forget the likes of Led Zep and Bowie, they just won't happen so I won't get my hopes up, though as said I like to be surprised! ;)

Edited by ghandi

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. A ticket

Yeah I'd agree with Bjork and Sigur Ros

Dream headliners: Kate Bush, Prince, Fleetwood Mac

Bring back Vintage Trouble for an early slot on Pyramid

I need some FUNK, not sure who, suggestions

Random thoughts:

Joanne Shaw Taylor

Treetop Flyers

Frank Turner

Catfish and The Bottlemen

I'd like to see JJ Rosa who I missed this year.

To follow up on Percy this year perhaps Jimmy Page with the Black Crowes?

Lanterns on the Lake

Cattle and Cane

Fuck it it'll be great anyway...

ACDC

Radiohead

Weezer

Moby

The Proclaimers

Barry Gibb

Foo Fighters

Tom Morellos new band

OutKast

A strange one.....

After the success of Thunderbirds are go... The music of Keith Mansfield. He did the theme tunes for grandstand, wimbledon theme music, ski sunday - did the arrangements for some well known chart tunes too.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Fleetwood Mac and Radiohead on the top of the bill. Hopefully I don't like the third pyramid headliner as I'd like to watch 1 headliner somewhere else. Would take Bowie though...

Also:

the libertines with new album

The Shins

Belle and Sebastian

Royal blood again

DFA 1979

Darkside

Jon Hopkins not clashing with someone awesome

Kate Bush on the legend slot

A tribe called quest

Sivu

Wilco

Majical Clouds

A strange one.....

After the success of Thunderbirds are go... The music of Keith Mansfield. He did the theme tunes for grandstand, wimbledon theme music, ski sunday - did the arrangements for some well known chart tunes too.

The ultimate thing like this would be Ennio Morricone.

Ok so that's 2014 out of the way, well at least the festival anyway ;) my thoughts begin to drift ever so slightly towards my wish list for 2015. I hope I'm not putting the mockers on it with regard to October but here goes!

Of the larger acts I'd love to at least once see Radiohead on the Pyramid, I've seen them in the Park doing KOL but I want the full on set, after 5 years straight I think I'm due, so come on Thom pull your finger out!

I want to see Bjork at least once at Glastonbury and I think she's also due a reappearance.

I'd like to see another Disco great on the west Holts like EWF ( rumoured this year) or Shalama at the Avalon, something like that.

I'd also love to see someone like India Irie on the West Holts or Janelle Monae again.

Also Sigur Ros , anywhere would be good.

Other I'd like to see again:

Laura Marling : full headline set in the Park

Maccabees

St Vincent again : though I doubt this would happen.

Little dragon on the Other - Not clashing as they did this year!

Other. than that I'm not fussed, I like to be surprised by the line up, and they've unearthed some real gems from my past over the last 5 years.

Forget the likes of Led Zep and Bowie, they just won't happen so I won't get my hopes up, though as said I like to be surprised! ;)

I think I'd quite like to see you in charge of bookings for 2015 (though you forgot Barry Gibb, and can I also have Nick Cave as Friday night Pyramid headliner, and First Aid Kit headlining The Park one night, pretty please?). Thanks!

Edited by Midnight Man

Kanye West, Radiohead and Fleetwood Mac to headline (would watch the first two; be elsewhere for the latter)

and then, with no regards to whether they'll actually be touring / how realistic it is that they could play:

Death From Above 1979

Weezer

Sigur Ros

Nine Inch Nails

Outkast

Jimmy Eat World

Japandroids

Hundred Waters

Janelle Monae

Darkside

Camera Obscura

Washed Out

Jamie T

TV On The Radio

The Hotelier

The Blood Brothers

Jessie Ware

Faith No More

The Antlers

Future Islands

Morrissey

Los Campesinos!

Lauryn Hill

JJ

How To Dress Well

FKA twigs

this years overall lineup is a hard one to beat for me but a chunk of those would be a step in the right direction

Radiohead to headline

Sigur Ros headline Other

The National somewhere (I assume they will have wrapped up their tour by this time next year so we will have to wait till next album)

The Afghan Whigs on the Park

Sharon Van Etten on the park

Alt-J (I'd Imagine 3rd down Pyramid.... Triangles and that)

Another shout for Janelle Monàe on West Holts

DFA1979 for high JP slot

Free tickets for all eFesters (and their mates)

SE Corner to open Weds

Tuborg replaced with Kernel brewery beers

Arcadia spider to develop ability to walk around site

Crappy burger places prohibited; Le Grand Bouffe prices halved

Guardian lanyard to contain all the drugs anyone could want for a week (and portable ashtray)

Jimi Hendrix found cryogenically frozen from 1970, returns to headline

NFR NFC! And to make sure, amazing anti-rain dome built over site

I'd say I've got a (fairly) realistic list there... The only ones in my undercard that are potentially headliners are NGHFB and Libs, but they're both on that little weird area where they seem a little too big to sub, but not big enough for a headline slot. (so would end up on Other and clash with my headliners haha)

i reckon Noel would sub (definitely not a headliner and he seems a bit too big for Other) and The Libertines would headline (although are far more likely to headline another festival. just can't see them choosing Glastonbury over the big pay check of R/Ls or TITP)