What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 2015?

FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time flies by - last year I was contacted by the WBC 24 January 2014 setting out all the deadlines so any time soon the 2015 season will open.
I have a fair idea who wants to do what but if I don't do the red tape none of them will get any places so the next few weeks will be very hectic .
They know the score and will have already booked time off their work.
Glastonbury allocations used to be dead simple - in the 90's I used to get 25 places but as more groups join that type of allocation would be impossible to get these days so I have to make realistic bids.
The first deadline will be next month and I should find out what places I have been allocated for the whole season by March.
Once all the allocation has been made I can then relax and look forward to the festival season and then start doing my own preparation.

I have my list on a Word document, saves rewriting it every year! (though modifications are made on a yearly basis)

Same here, mine will need some major modifications this year, as going on the coach for the first time

At the weeknd ordered some beer. 1st crate arrived today, 24 cans of Tribute. 24 cans of Rev James to come.

Stashed away safe and sound, won't be too tempted by it as usually drink bottles at home, cans are for festivals.

Good choice of beers, Tribute especially, but it isn't going to be at it's best if you've kept it for 5 months. Drink that lot, and get some more in in June :-)

Same her ZMG! Managed to get both of the Tuesday's (before + after) off :D

Good work! I'm getting the coach on Wednesday so haven't bothered with the first Tuesday but the second is a must! Actually I usually take the Wednesday as well but sadly not this year... Wednesday is my busiest day at work too. I'll think about that later...

Last night I did my first bit of Glasto prep. I purchased some Dr Martens wellies to try on. My old Hunters had seen me through 2009, 2010 and 2013 (and various other festi's) no probs as I'd only had to wear them sporadically, but after last year's conditions I discovered that the people who designed Hunters hate feet. By Sunday my poor tooters were in agony. So this year I'm biting the bullet and getting air cushiony soles so that I can dance for five days solid!

Edited by JoBalls

The wellies are here and they are so comfy and they don't even look like wellies!! I'm quite excited!!

Am thinking also of getting a new tent... Last year we eschewed our little 2 man tent and borrowed the parents' 4 man, and it made so much difference, especially on the wet days as it meant we didn't have to take it in turns standing outside whilst the other got dressed! Unfortunately the rents need their tent this year so if we're going to want a bigger one we're gonna have to part with our cash. :'(