What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 2015?

FuzzyDunlop

My first two years at Glasto were in a mates 1970's VW Camper Van , but I did not enjoy it so decided to camp and have done so for the last 10.

Obviously being in the camper van field will suit some people , but you are outside of the main site and you have the walk in and out every time

I guess what annoyed me was being told that we would nip back to the van for a coffee , smoke and put feet up for a bit before heading back in , only to find out that the inevitable would be an early ish night. It got to the point where I did not bother going back and just stopped out.

I have friends who are in the CV field every year and it suits them, but I would always camp "smell the fear" as they say.

Good advice, thanks. There would be 8 of us so it would be crowded and I wouldn't wait around for them anyhow. If it was bad I might just sleep in one of my friend's tents who camp in the dairy field.

TBH it was the showers and the fact that you can set up on the Tuesday that appealed.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good advice, thanks. There would be 8 of us so it would be crowded and I wouldn't wait around for them anyhow. If it was bad I might just sleep in one of my friend's tents who camp in the dairy field.

TBH it was the showers and the fact that you can set up on the Tuesday that appealed.

I forget about the TFA ( too much F*****G around ) on a morning - that drove me mad , but what can you do ? . In Big Gound we sort ourselves out on a morning, but in the camper van field

i hung around for the others and the guys whose camper van it was always liked an extra coffee and a smoke before eventually sorting his s**t out and us all ambling in . But you are responsible for yourself and that is why i only did two years in a van before bailing out.

I do think it will depend on the group you are with . The only thing you must be aware is if you want a late night on site and you nip back to the van for a bit of a rest and a coffee chances are you may not make it back out. When you are tucked up in the van the walk back in to Arcadia seems very long !

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

On Tuesday evening I'm heading down under to Melbourne, and the next time I'll be in the UK (back at Frome) will be the Sunday before those magical days. So this afternoon I've dug out my backpack and made sure the essentials are covered. The walking boots and muck boots are washed and ready, sleeping back checked for rips and all that's left is to top up on the accessories (travel johns, alcohol etc.) which I'll do online for UK delivery closer to the day. It feels odd being so excited for June in January, but knowing the next time I'll be here will be hours away has me exhilarated.

Yay, missed this thread!!!!

1) Today I found and am watching an item on eBay that I think will improve things for the me and the crew at Glasto.

2) Looked at my walking boots and decided they'll do until at least the fallow.

3) Arranged my wardrobe so all my costumes are together.

4) Re-watched my 2011 bimble video.

5) Continued to bombard my new desk neighbour at [normal] work (who has the option to [Glastonbury] work) with online evidence that Glasto is not to be missed.

Same old really.

On Tuesday evening I'm heading down under to Melbourne, and the next time I'll be in the UK (back at Frome) will be the Sunday before those magical days. So this afternoon I've dug out my backpack and made sure the essentials are covered. The walking boots and muck boots are washed and ready, sleeping back checked for rips and all that's left is to top up on the accessories (travel johns, alcohol etc.) which I'll do online for UK delivery closer to the day. It feels odd being so excited for June in January, but knowing the next time I'll be here will be hours away has me exhilarated.

Have a great time Kali! How very very exciting, see you in June (but obviously before on here) :)