What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 2015?

FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to start my campaign of convincing my mates to go, it's frustrating because I know just how much they'd all absolutely love it. I just need to get them to stop wussing about and commit for the week!

Exactly the same here. Had a gang of my mates wanting to go since I've started going but none of them are arsed to try get tickets! Definitely getting the finger out for next year

Why try and convince mates to go ?

If they do not enjoy it then you will get no end of hassle from it.

Tell em when ticket day and leave it at that.

You will be carrying their tents and beer next !

Why try and convince mates to go ?

If they do not enjoy it then you will get no end of hassle from it.

Tell em when ticket day and leave it at that.

You will be carrying their tents and beer next !

They've never gone before but have shown keen interest from what I've told 'em. They want to go and I know they'll love it once they do.

And if they expected me to carry their tent and booze, well......it'll be left in Ireland for them to collect while I'm on site with my own tent.

Next year will be my first glastonbury and so I'm wondering how easy it is to get tickets. Everyone speaks of the day tickets go on sale with horror but are the tickets actually as hard to get as many claim they are? Surely if you are on the website at the time the tickets are released then there isnt a problem? Just wondering if I'm right in thinking this as I would hate to miss out on tickets on my first attempt.

Kinda booked the week of work today.... Was informed I'm not allowed to book that far ahead but it's been penciled in...

Also trying to persuade America friends to come and my old Glasto friend... Just need a babysitter for a 2 year old.... :/

Next year will be my first glastonbury and so I'm wondering how easy it is to get tickets. Everyone speaks of the day tickets go on sale with horror but are the tickets actually as hard to get as

many claim they are? Surely if you are on the website at the time the tickets are released then there isnt a problem? Just wondering if I'm right in thinking this as I would hate to miss out on

tickets on my first attempt.

Getting ON the website is the main issue. You'll be there at 8-50 and the website will likely already be absolutely swamped. Press f5 a zillion times - and that's not really much of an exaggeration - and you MIGHT get the ticket page load up - or it might load up with SOLD OUT after about 90 minutes. It's not easy to get em, but with preparation and persistence, you can maximise your chances.

Mfffh. My selfish Mum has placed her birthday in the middle of Glastonbury next year. And I can't sack it off like normal, cos she's turning 60!

So 2016 is my next festival. Ho hum

I have this every year as my mums birthday is during glastonbury and for her 50th last year I had to make a choice....

I have this every year as my mums birthday is during glastonbury and for her 50th last year I had to make a choice....

I had my cousin wedding this year on the sat.... Glasto won, my excuse was I brought tickets before I knew of the wedding :)

I spent a long time explaining the ticket registration and TDAY process to several colleagues who want to go next year. I don't know if convincing Glasto Virgins that they HAVE to go hurts or hinders my chances on TDay. Perhaps my helping them will increase my chances of getting a ticket because if they get through they will get me one. On the other hand, that's more people flooding the system.

Also researched hiring of camper vans. Have never done a camper van but thinking of it for next year. Will head over to the camper van threads now.

Next year will be my first glastonbury and so I'm wondering how easy it is to get tickets. Everyone speaks of the day tickets go on sale with horror but are the tickets actually as hard to get as many claim they are? Surely if you are on the website at the time the tickets are released then there isnt a problem? Just wondering if I'm right in thinking this as I would hate to miss out on tickets on my first attempt.

It's a fucking nightmare, dude. Persistence is only half the story; luck is the rest. I missed out for the first time in six years last October and was gutted. Got em in the resale eventually but, yeah... Don't underestimate it.

Anyway, I came in here to say these threads always put that M People song in my head so thanks for that.

Also, I've done nothing to prepare for 2015 because it's ages away you mentals.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

It's a fucking nightmare, dude. Persistence is only half the story; luck is the rest. I missed out for the first time in six years last October and was gutted. Got em in the resale eventually but, yeah... Don't underestimate it.

Anyway, I came in here to say these threads always put that M People song in my head so thanks for that.

Also, I've done nothing to prepare for 2015 because it's ages away you mentals.

and I can only imagine that resale is even worse! A mate of mine got lucky this year and managed to get himself a ticket in the resale and said it was more stressful than A Level Results day.

Hopefully it won't come to that.

Wow - amazing! Where in Australia are you headed for?

Either Melbourne or, ideally, Adelaide. It's still up in the air really. I have a chance at a transfer with my current job but I'm aiming to save enough to be ok regardless. Scary times but what's a good life if it doesn't involve a middle finger to your comfort zone and a risk with the potentially amazing payoff?

My family still live locally to the site so I'd visit (use) them first for a quick taxi to the drop off on Wednesday morning like I did this year.

I don't suppose you are in desperate need for tickets to watch The Crankies in pantomime this Christmas? Only I know somebody on the inside who can get tickets and thought we might be able to do a deal.

What do you think I am? Some sort of pervert? Outrageous.

Either Melbourne or, ideally, Adelaide. It's still up in the air really. I have a chance at a transfer with my current job but I'm aiming to save enough to be ok regardless. Scary times but what's a good life if it doesn't involve a middle finger to your comfort zone and a risk with the potentially amazing payoff?

My family still live locally to the site so I'd visit (use) them first for a quick taxi to the drop off on Wednesday morning like I did this year.

I couldn't agree more! Good on you for going for it, I wish I'd done it when I was younger & not tied down to a mortgage & other such crap! :)

Not been to Adelaide but loved Melbourne (& Sydney!).

I spent a long time explaining the ticket registration and TDAY process to several colleagues who want to go next year. I don't know if convincing Glasto Virgins that they HAVE to go hurts or hinders my chances on TDay. Perhaps my helping them will increase my chances of getting a ticket because if they get through they will get me one. On the other hand, that's more people flooding the system.

Also researched hiring of camper vans. Have never done a camper van but thinking of it for next year. Will head over to the camper van threads now.

My first two years at Glasto were in a mates 1970's VW Camper Van , but I did not enjoy it so decided to camp and have done so for the last 10.

Obviously being in the camper van field will suit some people , but you are outside of the main site and you have the walk in and out every time

I guess what annoyed me was being told that we would nip back to the van for a coffee , smoke and put feet up for a bit before heading back in , only to find out that the inevitable would be an early ish night. It got to the point where I did not bother going back and just stopped out.

I have friends who are in the CV field every year and it suits them, but I would always camp "smell the fear" as they say.

It's a case of convincing them that 5 days at Glastonbury is a better holiday than 7 days in Magaluf or something. What can I say to them? 2 or 3 are convinced, but I dunno about the rest yet.

Don't Magaluf is much better, they will have a much better time in Magaluf. :ninja:

Can you all please stop recruiting newbies, I'd like to return thanks despite it being really really terrible :P