What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 2015?

FuzzyDunlop

Yes its very very very early. Ill probably not get a ticket. I had said 2014 was my last as due to a change of circumstance, I wouldn't be able to afford it next year - however.....

Ive signed up to do 5 hours overtime a week for the next 6 weeks plus to work August Bank Holiday. I put the money in a savings account along with what I can put away til next April and bingo! I don't need to find a penny.

Lets hope T-Day goes well.....

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not today as such but started saving for next year, which I haven't done in previous years.

I reckon €10 / £10 a week until the fest = 500 quid, enough for your ticket, travel, booze or whatever.

Let's see if I can keep it up :)

Looks like without even trying I have some new friends wanting to go. So my first task is explaining the reality of Glastonbury to make sure they are all tough enough to handle it. I've been looking at trucks etc as well. Also added a Coleman extreme to my wishlist as it's my birthday this weekend and hoping somebody else might decide to buy it for me!

Looks like without even trying I have some new friends wanting to go. So my first task is explaining the reality of Glastonbury to make sure they are all tough enough to handle it. I've been looking at trucks etc as well. Also added a Coleman extreme to my wishlist as it's my birthday this weekend and hoping somebody else might decide to buy it for me!

Also my birthday this weekend, happy birthday Ruwise! :yahoo:

Shame I can't ask for a Glasto ticket for it grrrrr

Wait till winter, unless you need one for summer?

We got one a few years ago in October, then when we got a camper van sold it in the summer time for about double whah we had paid for it

This. Bought a trailer for this year (it was great!) cost us £600 in april, looking on ebay now and seeing much worse going for double that price!

Mfffh. My selfish Mum has placed her birthday in the middle of Glastonbury next year. And I can't sack it off like normal, cos she's turning 60!

So 2016 is my next festival. Ho hum

Surely your mom wouldn't want you to miss Glastonbury for the sake of being with her on her birthday, even if it is her 60th? I could understand it if you were all going abroad as a family to celebrate her 60th, but if you are just having a family party at home or someplace then surely it wouldn't be the end of the world if you weren't there. I understand that my view may not be a universal one though. Have you asked her what her thoughts on this are?

Delayed making major plans until after T day. I'll be migrating to Australia later this year and should book my flights now really but I will do it after I know whether or not I have a ticket because the return flight would be a holiday at the end of June next year.

T day will therefore be the day I - hopefully - get a ticket for Glasto and make the biggest step of my life. Quite a morning.

Wait till winter, unless you need one for summer?

We got one a few years ago in October, then when we got a camper van sold it in the summer time for about double whah we had paid for it

Yes, I think we probably will - just trying to get a rough idea of what we want & how much we need to save up but I'd imagine any purchase is a good few months away! :)

We also need to get a vehicle with a towbar before we buy...!

Delayed making major plans until after T day. I'll be migrating to Australia later this year and should book my flights now really but I will do it after I know whether or not I have a ticket because the return flight would be a holiday at the end of June next year.

T day will therefore be the day I - hopefully - get a ticket for Glasto and make the biggest step of my life. Quite a morning.

Wow - amazing! Where in Australia are you headed for?

Yes, I think we probably will - just trying to get a rough idea of what we want & how much we need to save up but I'd imagine any purchase is a good few months away! :)

We also need to get a vehicle with a towbar before we buy...!

do you really need a whole new vehicle? TT's are very light most cars could tow them, could save a few pennies by having a tow bar fitted to your existing car.

Yes, that is one option we have & will consider, but we really need to get a new one before the end of the year anyway, so it might just be an influencer on what we go for in the end!

Oh yes I saw a post the other day about Grumpyhack's one - we've just not got much saved at the moment though so I didn't want to mess him about if we're not in a position to buy for another 4 or 5 months (unless he takes credit cards!) :) - I will definitely drop him a line nearer the time though on the off-chance it's still available!